Updated 2021! Baja Fresh is a fast-Mex franchise with locations in the United States, Dubai, and Singapore. They unfortunately got rid of their extensive allergen chart online, but might still offer it in store.
We had to painstakingly go through each item on the Baja Fresh site to put this list together, so hopefully it’s helpful for you! But as usual, always double check at the restaurant! Some items could be different at your location.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Shareables – Chips & Salsa, Guacamole & Chips
- Burritos – Burrito Mexicano (see protein options below), Baja Burrito (no cheese, see protein options below), Diablo Burrito (no cheese, see protein options below)
- Tacos – Baja Taco (see protein options below), Americano Taco (no cheese, see protein options below), Grilled Shrimp Taco, Crispy Wahoo Taco, Fire Grilled Wahoo Taco
- Salads – Grilled Shrimp Chile Lime (no cheese), Baja Ensalada (no cheese, dairy-free dressing)
- Other Entrees – Baja Bowl (see protein options below), Fajitas (no sour cream, no cheese, see protein options below)
Components to Help Customize Your Order
- Proteins – Steak, Steak & Shrimp, Shrimp, Grilled Wahoo, Crispy Wahoo, Pork Carnitas, Roasted Veggies, Black Beans, Pinto Beans
- Other Ingredients – Avocado Slices, Cilantro Onion Mix, Diced Tomato, Salad Lettuce, Veggies, Grilled Onions & Peppers, Tortilla Strips, Corn Tortillas, Flour Tortillas, Whole Wheat Tortilla, Baja Rice
- Sauces & Dressings – Guacamole, Spicy Diablo Sauce, Molcajete Salsa, Pico de Gallo, Salsa Baja, Mango Salsa, Salsa Verde, Chili Lime Dressing, Olive Oil Vinaigrette
More Allergen Information for Baja Fresh
- As of 2021, it looks like their chicken now contains milk.
- Baja Fresh likes to sprinkle cojita cheese on their beans, and sometimes just on your meal. Make sure you specify no cheese on your order.
- Soy is used in their beans (both types) and soy and wheat are used in their steak.
- The grilled wahoo, shrimp, and carnitas at Baja Fresh appear to be made without soy or wheat.
- Their corn tortillas (used on the tacos) also appear to be made without wheat or gluten.
- Baja Fresh previously listed their Six Chiles Salsa as dairy free, but now the company says both the “Crema” version and the regular salsa contain dairy.
- Baja Fresh no longer shares information about their breakfast online, but they might have it available in some locations. If they do, check on the Bacon, Baja Papas, and Sausage. Those were previously dairy free.
More Details from Baja Fresh
Allergen Disclaimer from Baja Fresh: Please be aware that Baja Fresh® products may contain traces of allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, soybeans, wheat, milk, eggs) or food sensitivities from a manufacturing facility and preparation on site. The Allergen information Baja Fresh® has provided is based on standard product formulations. Product variations may occur based on regional differences, ingredient substitutions, seasonal conditions, differences in product production at the store and suppliers.
Restaurant Website: www.bajafresh.com
Allergen information: No longer available online or direct from the company. Some information available on the website or via direct inquiry.
Last Updated: February 22, 2021