I work for Boston Pizza and though we do not post our allergy guide online, every store has a comprehensive book on site. If you call ahead I am sure an employee could look through it for you.
And we have not been able to find solid current allergen information. The company refuses to answer any of our questions, and won’t provide any details. Despite the fact that their menu is the same nationwide, they claim suppliers can differ too much.
We did manage to find an allergen chart online for Boston Pizza, but it was dated 2012. And it doesn’t note specifics, like if any of their pizza sauces and crusts are dairy free. So we aren’t sure if cheese-free pizza is a good option for dairy-free and vegan diners. We have put in several inquiries to get more information, but continuously receive a “see the location” response. So use the information below as initial guidance only and inquire in the restaurant (as always!). And please comment if you visit a location and send us an allergen screen shot if possible!
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Starters – Calamari (ask on dip), Hot Wings (Oven Baked or Crispy Fried for the wings – we have no information on the Breaded or on any of the other current flavors)
- Salads – None, substitutions or ingredient omissions might be possible
- Pizzas – None, cheese free might be possible depending on dairy-free pizza sauce and crust availability
- Entrees – Baby Back Ribs, Top Sirloin
- Burgers & Sandwiches – None, substitutions or ingredient omissions might be possible
- Sides – French Fries, Yam Fries
Components to Help Customize Your Order
- Crusts – The new Cauliflower crust is noted as dairy-free and gluten-free, but we are not sure on the other crusts.
- Pizza Toppings – Anchovies, Artichokes, Bacon, Banana Peppers, Ham, Italian Sausage, Jalapenos, Mushrooms, Black Olives, Red Onions, Pepperoni, Bell Peppers, Pineapple, Spinach, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Tomatoes
- Meat Add Ons – Chicken Breast, Fajita Chicken, Flat Iron Steak, Pulled Pork, Salmon, Sausage, Spicy Chicken, Taco Beef
- Sauce Add Ons – Asian Glaze, Au Jus, BBQ Sauce, Guacamole, Hot Sauce, Mayonnaise, Sweet Thai Chili
- Salad Dressings – Cranberry Vinaigrette, Fat Free Balsamic, Honey Mustard, Lemon Vinaigrette, Reduced Calorie Italian
- Pasta / Side Sauces – Bolognese
Other Allergen Notes
- Again, the above information is based on 2012. We have edited out any menu items no longer available, and are hoping to receive current information. If you are privy to allergen information at Boston Pizza, please contact us!
- Also, Boston Pizza has a GlutenWise menu that includes gluten-free sandwiches, pizza, and pasta. But we were told the following, “All of our GlutenWise items are prepared with gluten-free ingredients. However, due to the open nature of our kitchens, where gluten is present, and the hand-made preparation of our recipes, cross contamination can occur.”
More Details from Boston Pizza
Allergen Disclaimer from Boston Pizza: The allergen ingredient information contained herein is based on standard ingredients and the accuracy of the data is dependent upon the individual restaurant operator’s compliance with the proper procedure. Substitutions of ingredients may alter which allergens are found in the menu item. Please be advised that cross contamination may occur, and a menu item may not be completely free of any allergen.
Restaurant Website: www.bostonpizza.com
Allergen Information: They no longer have any ingredient or allergen information online.
*The above information was supplied by a Go Dairy Free viewer, is not representative of our own findings, and should be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerances are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Last Updated: February 25, 2021