Updated 2020! Dairy Queen is most known for ice cream, but they also offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner fare. In the past, their dairy-free menu items were limited, but now they have quite a few options for non-dairy diners of all ages.
Dairy Queen Adds Non-Dairy Dilly Bars to their Big Dairy-Free Menu
May 2020 – In addition to numerous savory menu items (listed below!), Dairy Queen is making one of their iconic desserts accessible to dairy-free guests. Dilly Bars have been served at Dairy Queen since 1955, and this year, they’re launching a vegan version. The Non-Dairy Dilly Bar is made with vegan coconut “ice cream” and covered with dairy-free chocolate. The chocolate does contain soy lecithin, but there are no other top allergens noted. See the full ingredient list below.
You can pick one up (or a whole box) at Dairy Queen locations nationwide, along with your order from the milk-free menu below. They’re rolling out to stores now, and are expected to be fully available in May.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Breakfast items – Bacon, Ham, Hashbrowns, Sausages, Steak Fingers
- Chicken – Chicken Strips, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Hot Dogs – Classic Hot Dog, Chili Dog
- Local Favorites – BBQ Sandwich, Wild Alaskan Fish Sandwich
- Kids’ Meals – Applesauce, Banana, Chicken Strips, Kids’ Fries, Hamburger, Hot Dog
- Sides – Fries, Tortilla Chips, Lays Potato Chips (Original, BBQ), Oven Baked Lays Original Potato Crisps, Side Salad
- Dipping Sauces – BBQ, Honey Mustard, Wild Buffalo
- Dressings – (all Marzetti brand) Asian Sesame, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Dijon Honey Mustard, Fat Free California French Style, Honey French, Light Italian, Thousand Island
- Frozen Treats – Misty Slush, Starkiss Popsicles, Non-Dairy Dilly Bars
Other Allergen Notes
- Dairy Queen uses soybean oil for frying and items are prepared in a shared fryer to the best of our knowledge.
- Although the Misty Slush drinks are made without dairy, the Misty Freezes contain milk. So do all of their smoothies.
- In 2020, they changed the labeling on their Eggs – they now state that they contain milk.
- Some of their sandwiches might be dairy-free with the cheese omitted. It looks like their meats and buns are made without dairy, but their ingredient labels were a bit jumbled, so we didn’t want to speculate. Ask before you custom order.
- Dairy Queen used to have Orange Julius menu items inside some of their locations, but we’ve been informed that these have been phased out.
Dairy Queen Non-Dairy Dilly Bar Ingredients
Frozen dessert (water, sugar, corn syrup, maltodextrin, coconut oil, coconut cream, contains 2% or less of vanilla extract, xanthan gum, guar gum, carrageenan, carob bean gum, mono & diglycerides); Coating (coconut oil, sugar, cocoa processed with alkali, corn starch, soy lecithin, salt, natural flavors).
More Details from Dairy Queen
Allergen Disclaimer from Dairy Queen: DQ locations contain allergens that may come into contact with our food. Since allergens are present in every DQ location and cross-contact can easily occur, we cannot guarantee any item to be allergen free or the accuracy of the data as it relates to prepared menu items at a location. We suggest you inform the restaurant of any allergies prior to ordering and ask to see the ingredient listing on the packaging for the product you would like to purchase.
Restaurant Website: www.dairyqueen.com
Allergen Information: www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/Company/Nutrition
Last Updated: April 22, 2020
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
Vegan Gluten-Free Dilly Bar YUM!
I crave DQ’s dairy free dilly bar. It’s so delicious!!!
Thank you for this article, it is such a great resource to have on hand! I had no idea there were so many options, and I appreciate the extensive information you have given. Really takes out the guesswork!
Response from Go Dairy Free
Happy to help!
Dairy free dilly bar
Looking forward to more dairy free ice cream choices.
LOVE the Dairy Free Dilly Bars!! Hoping there will be dairy free blizzards soon!!
I can have dessert with my family again!
Since I found out I was lactose intolerant a few years ago, I have been leaving Dairy Queen with only dessert for my family. But now, with these new Dairy Free Dilly Bars, I can enjoy a sweet treat as well! They are really good, too! My only caution for others is that they melt faster than their dairy full counterparts, so have the napkins ready! Thank you so much for adding these to your menu.
Non Dairy Dilly Bars
Thank you so much for offering the NonDairy Vegan Dilly Bar. Tried it for the first time, as I did not know you had it. Very good. Thank you. Looking forward to more gluten free soy free vegan non dairy selections. Please continue your healthy offerings.
I love Dairy Queen! The bbq pork sandwich is the best.
Been to 3 Dairy Queen’s in El Paso. Today (May 28, 2020) the girl hands me a normal dilly bar and tells me “it doesn’t say on the package, but it’s dairy free”. Horrible job lol. It clearly says he ingredients in the back. None the less, excited for when they do get in the non dairy version.
A treat the whole family can enjoy
One of my six kids is allergic to milk. We try really hard not to leave him out when we have treats but sometimes it is hard. It was so fun to go today and all order a summer treat that everyone could enjoy!
Ingredients not good
At first i was so excited but after reading the ingredients….. no way. There is a lot of sugar and carrageenan which is bad for you.