Updated 2018! Dairy Queen is most known for ice cream, but they also offer breakfast and lunch fare. And their kids’ menu has several potential non-dairy options. Some of their sandwiches might be dairy-free with the cheese omitted, but their ingredients weren’t crystal clear, so we didn’t want to speculate.
Many Dairy Queen locations also have an Orange Julius with a few more dairy-free options. In fact, we discovered that they have a whole line up of light smoothies made without dairy.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Breakfast items – Bacon, Eggs, Ham, Hashbrowns, Sausages, Steak Fingers
- Chicken – Chicken Strips, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Hot Dogs – Hot Dog (plain), Relish Dog
- Local Favorites – Wild Alaskan Pollock Sandwich
- Kids’ Meals – Applesauce, Banana, Chicken Strips, Kids’ Fries, Hamburger, Hot Dog, Kids’ Grilled Chicken Wrap, French Fries, Applesauce, Banana
- Sides – Fries, Lays Potato Chips (Original, BBQ), Oven Baked Lays Original Potato Crisps, Side Salad
- Dressings – (all Marzetti brand) Asian Sesame, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Dijon Honey Mustard, Fat Free California French Style, Honey French, Light Italian, Thousand Island
- Light Smoothies – Mango Pineapple, OrangeBerry Xtreme, Pomegranate Berry Blast, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry, Sunshine Orange, TripleBerry, Tropi-Colada
- Frozen Treats – Misty Slush
Other Allergen Notes: Dairy Queen does not label their “Milk” on the Kids’ menu as containing milk, but we’re pretty sure it does. Also, they no longer include their dipping sauces on their allergen menu. At last check, they had Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce, and Wild Buffalo Dipping Sauce without dairy. But of course, verify availability and ingredients at your local Dairy Queen. Dairy Queen uses soybean oil for frying and items are prepared in a shared fryer to the best of our knowledge.
More Details from Dairy Queen
Allergen Disclaimer from Dairy Queen: DQ locations contain allergens that may come into contact with our food. Since allergens are present in every DQ location and cross-contact can easily occur, we cannot guarantee any item to be allergen free or the accuracy of the data as it relates to prepared menu items at a location. We suggest you inform the restaurant of any allergies prior to ordering and ask to see the ingredient listing on the packaging for the product you would like to purchase.
Restaurant Website: www.dairyqueen.com
Allergen Information: www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/Company/Nutrition
Last Updated: August 3, 2018