Updated 2020! Long John Silvers is a seafood fast restaurant chain in the U.S. with a love for deep frying. Surprisingly, their batter is made without dairy, so several of their main dishes made our list.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Seafood – Battered Alaskan Pollock, Battered Cod, Battered Shrimp, Baja Fish Taco, Baked Cod, Baked Shrimp, Crispy Fish Sandwich
- Chicken – Battered Chicken Tenders
- Condiments – Baja Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Cocktail Sauce, Crumblies, Honey Mustard Sauce, Ketchup, Louisiana Hot Sauce, Malt Vinegar, Sweet & Zesty Asian Sauce, Tartar Sauce
- Sides – Coleslaw, Cut Corn, Seasoned Green Beans
- Specialty Drinks – Iceflow Lemonade, Iceflow Strawberry Lemonade
Other Allergen Notes
- The Batter at Long John Silvers is currently made without milk, but the Breading contains milk. They are used on different menu items.
- Also, their allergen labeling says that their Fries contain milk, but there are no milk-based ingredients that we can see. We assume that all of their fried foods are cooked in the same fryer, but it is possible that the Battered items are cooked separately and the Fries are cooked in the Breaded fryer. Check at the location if potential allergen cross-contamination is a concern for you.
More Details from Long John Silvers
Allergen Disclaimer for Long John Silvers: They do not have a specific allergen disclaimer, but it is important to assume that allergen cross-contamination can occur in any restaurant environment, and Long John Silvers does use dairy and other allergens in their kitchen. As mentioned above, a shared fryer might be used for the different menu items, too.
Restaurant Website: www.ljsilvers.com
Allergen Information: ljsilvers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/LJS-Ingredient-List.pdf
Last Updated: January 5, 2020