Updated 2020! Qdoba is a Mexican fast casual chain with locations throughout the United States and Canada. It’s also one of my personal favorites for dairy-free options. Not only do they have several great “build your own” components, they also offer free guacamole! Finally, dairy-free diners need not feel slighted when ordering no cheese and no sour cream. (However, I was denied free guacamole at an airport location!)
They do assemble the food in front of you, so special requests can be made. My personal favorites are their bowls and salads, but their tacos and burritos are potentials for dairy-free diners, too.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
Components to Customize your Burrito, Tacos, Bowl, or Salad
- Rice & Beans – Cilantro Lime Rice, Brown Rice, Black Beans, Pinto Beans
- Meat – Smoked Beef Brisket, Seasoned Ground Beef, Smoked Bacon, Grilled Marinated Chicken, Chorizo, Pulled Pork, Grilled Steak
- Meat Alternatives – Impossible Protein
- Vegetables – Fajita Vegetables, Pickled Jalapenos, Seasoned Potatoes, Lettuce
- Taco Shells & Tortillas – Corn Tortilla Chips, Crispy Corn Tortilla Strips, Crispy Corn Taco Shell, Corn Tortilla, Crunchy Flour Tortilla Bowl, Flour Tortilla, Whole Wheat Flour Tortilla
- Sauces & Salsas – Cilantro Lime Dressing, Fiery Habanero, Guacamole, Mango Salsa, Pico de Gallo, Roasted Chile Corn Salsa, Salsa Roja, Salsa Verde
More Menu Items
- Soup – Tortilla Soup
- Desserts – Apple Sauce, Brownies (yes, really! but they do contain eggs, wheat, nuts, and soy)
Other Allergen Notes
- Qdoba lists full ingredient details within their allergen chart. See the link below or inquire at the restaurant to see it.
- They have quite a few options without top allergens, but several of their meats and sauces do contain dairy and/or other top allergens. For example, their Ancho Chilli BBQ Sauce and Eggs surprisingly contains milk.
Vegan Menu Items at Qdoba
All of the rices, beans, tortilla products, vegetables, and salsas are vegan. The Impossible protein, guacamole, cilantro lime dressing, and tortilla soup are also labeled as vegan.
More Details from Qdoba
Allergen Disclaimer from Qdoba: Foods prepared at Qdoba may contain or may have come in contact with: eggs, dairy, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish. Please request to speak to management if you have any questions or concerns.
Restaurant Website: www.qdoba.com
Allergen Information: http://www.qdoba.com/downloads/allergens
Last Updated: January 2, 2020
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
Restaurant couldn’t safely feed my son
We tried to eat at QDoba today for the first time in about six months. When I told an employee about my son’s life threatening dairy allergy, I was told to wait for a manager. The manager quickly came out and told me that they wouldn’t be able to make anything safe for my son because of cross contact. I questioned her a little about the safe ingredients on their website and getting fresh ingredients from the back, because that’s what had been done in the past. But the manager didn’t feel she could make a safe meal, and as a rule we don’t even attempt to eat anywhere when the restaurant doesn’t think they can handle our allergy request. I was disappointed, but what really stunk was so were my boys.
A Favorite Fast Food Option
My husband and I go to Qdoba whenever we get a coupon. Their portion sizes are generous, and I love that they give us guacamole for no extra charge! Their food also isn’t quite as salty as Chipotle, which is nice.