Updated 2021! Qdoba is a Mexican fast casual chain with locations throughout the United States and Canada. It’s also one of my personal favorites for dairy-free options. Not only do they have several great “build your own” components, they also offer free guacamole with your order! Finally, dairy-free diners need not feel slighted when ordering no cheese and no sour cream. (However, I was denied free guacamole at an airport location!)
They do assemble the food in front of you, so special requests can be made. My personal favorites are their bowls and salads, but their tacos and burritos are potentials for dairy-free diners, too.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
Components to Customize your Burrito, Tacos, Bowl, or Salad
- Rice & Beans – Cilantro Lime Rice, Seasoned Brown Rice, Black Beans, Pinto Beans
- Meat – Bacon, Cholula Hot & sweet Chicken, Chorizo, Grilled Adobo Chicken, Ground Beef, Grilled Steak, Smoked Brisket, Pulled Pork
- Meat Alternatives – Plant-Based Impossible Protein
- Vegetables – Cilantro, Fajita Veggies, Lettuce, Pickled Jalapenos, Red Onion
- Taco Shells & Tortillas – Flour Tortilla (all sizes), Whole Wheat Flour Tortilla, Soft Corn Tortillas, Crispy Taco Shell, Crunchy Tortilla Shell, Tortilla Chips, Tortilla Strips
- Sauces – Hand-Smashed Guac (guacamole), Citrus Lime Vinaigrette, Chile Corn Salsa, Habanero Salsa, Pico de Gallo, Roasted Tomato Salsa, Salsa Roja, Salsa Verde
More Menu Items
- Entrees – Chicken Protein Bowl, Low-Cal Chicken Grain Bowl, Impossible Fajita Bowl, Paleo Chicken Salad, Street-Style Chicken Tacos (no cheese)
- Soup – Tortilla Soup
- Sides – Hand-Smashed Guac & Chips, Salsa & ChipsDesserts – Apple Sauce, Double Chocolate Brownie
Other Allergen Notes
- Yes, the Brownies really are made without any milk ingredients! But they do contain eggs, wheat, and soy, and have a may contain warning for nuts.
- As expected, the Cheese and Ranch items at Qdoba are dairy-based. But the Eggs and Mexican Cauliflower Mash also contain milk.
- Most of the menu items listed above are also made without gluten. But the Crunchy Tortilla Shell, all Flour Tortillas, Seasoned Potatoes, and Brownies contain gluten. The Crispy Taco Shell, Soft Corn Tortillas, Tortilla Chips, and Tortilla Strips are listed with a “may contain gluten” warning due to potential cross-contamination. But in reality, there is always a risk for cross-contamination with any ingredient in any restaurant environment.
- Based on the information provided by Qdoba, this guide covers both the U.S. and Canadian locations.
Vegan Menu Items at Qdoba
All of the rices, beans, tortilla products, vegetables, and salsas are vegan. The Impossible protein, guacamole, cilantro lime dressing, and tortilla soup are also labeled as vegan. And this year, they have a vegan Impossible Fajita Bowl right on the menu.
More Details from Qdoba
Allergen Disclaimer from Qdoba: Foods prepared at Qdoba may contain or may have come in contact with: eggs, dairy, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish. Please request to speak to management if you have any questions or concerns.
Restaurant Website: www.qdoba.com
Allergen Information: www.qdoba.com/nutrition-allergens
Last Updated: February 20, 2021
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
Restaurant couldn’t safely feed my son
We tried to eat at QDoba today for the first time in about six months. When I told an employee about my son’s life threatening dairy allergy, I was told to wait for a manager. The manager quickly came out and told me that they wouldn’t be able to make anything safe for my son because of cross contact. I questioned her a little about the safe ingredients on their website and getting fresh ingredients from the back, because that’s what had been done in the past. But the manager didn’t feel she could make a safe meal, and as a rule we don’t even attempt to eat anywhere when the restaurant doesn’t think they can handle our allergy request. I was disappointed, but what really stunk was so were my boys.
A Favorite Fast Food Option
My husband and I go to Qdoba whenever we get a coupon. Their portion sizes are generous, and I love that they give us guacamole for no extra charge! Their food also isn’t quite as salty as Chipotle, which is nice.