Updated 2020! Quiznos is a fast food chain that specializes in toasted submarine sandwiches. They once had nearly 5000 stores, but after the recession, more than half of them closed. They now have over 2000 restaurants globally with a heavy concentration of locations in the U.S. and Canada. The list below covers these two countries with special (CA) notations for Canadian-only options. The menus are fairly similar with just slight variations. We were unable to locate allergen information for other countries.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Sandwiches – Apple Harvest, Turkey Chipotle Toasties on Ciabatta (CA)
- Salads (See Dressing options below) – Apple Harvest Chicken (US), Honey Mustard (CA)
- Soup – Chili
Components to Help Customize Your Order
- Breads – White Bread, Wheat Bread, Grilled Flatbread, Whole Wheat Wrap (CA), Gluten Free Bread (CA – if still available)
- Proteins – Bacon, Black Angus, Capicola, Chicken, Gyro Meat, Ham, Pepperoni, Pork, Salami, Turkey, Tuna
- Produce – Apples, Cucumbers, Green Bell Pepper, Mushrooms, Red Onion, Sautéed Green Peppers, Sautéed Mushrooms, Sautéed Red Onion, Salad Lettuce Blend, Shredded Lettuce, Tomato
- Dressings & Sauces – Apple Cider Vinaigrette, BBQ (CA), Chipotle Mayo, Four Pepper Chili Sauce, Garlic Spread (CA), Guacamole, Herb Oil, Honey French, Honey Mustard, Horseradish, Lite Mayo, Marinara, Tzatziki Sauce (see Allergen Notes), Yellow Mustard (CA), Zesty Grille Sauce
- Miscellaneous Condiments – Au Jus (CA; contains dairy in US), Banana Peppers, Black Olives, Chicken Broth, Jalapeno Peppers, Pepperoncini Peppers, Pickles, Pumpkin Seeds
Other Allergen Notes
- Pretty much all of their menu sandwiches come with cheese on them, but you can ask to omit it and make other dairy-free substitutions, if needed. Just keep in mind that their grill press probably sees a lot of cheese on it in a day. You may opt for a cold sub instead.
- A few surprise items in the U.S. contain dairy, like the Acai Vinaigrette and Au Jus. But it looks like the Au Jus in Canada is free of dairy. Their allergen chart goes above and beyond with Unrefined Oil, Grains, Seeds, Sulfites, MSG, Colorings, and other ingredients referenced.
- Quiznos Canada does seem to offer Gluten-Free Bread, but it doesn’t appear to be available in the U.S. yet. However, the Canadian allergen information hasn’t been updated in a few years. The U.S. one is more current.
- According to their allergen chart the Tzatziki sauce is top allergen free, but I haven’t been able to double confirm this. Check in store.
More Details from Quiznos
Allergen Disclaimer from Quiznos: Variations may occur due to differences in suppliers, ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions and/or product production at the restaurant. Some menu items may not be available at all restaurants; test products, test formulations or regional items may not be included. All items are prepared in common areas and may contain trace amounts of ingredients contained in other products.
Restaurant Website: www.quiznos.com
Allergen Information for the United States: www.quiznos.com/Libraries/PDFs/AllergenTable.sflb.ashx
Allergen Information for Canada: quiznos.ca/doc/2017%20Allergen%20Info.pdf
Last Updated: January 4, 2020