Updated 2021! Quiznos is a fast food chain that specializes in toasted submarine sandwiches. They once had nearly 5000 stores, but after the recession, more than half of them closed. They now have over 2000 restaurants globally with a heavy concentration of locations in the U.S. and Canada.
Quiznos was the first sandwich chain to popularize the toasted sub. They have a similar style to Subway, with a build your own sandwich or salad process, but with their own selection of breads, meats, and sauces. We used to keep this post updated for the U.S. and Canada, but the Canadian corporate side has become a little lazy in keeping their information current. Consequently, the guide below was created from the U.S. information. Many of the options will be the same in Canada, but as always, verify before ordering!
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Sandwiches – Apple Harvest
- Salads – Apple Harvest Chicken
- Soup – Chili
Components to Help Customize Your Order
- Breads – White Bread, Wheat Bread, Grilled Flatbread
- Proteins – Bacon, Black Angus, Capicola, Chicken, Ham, Pastrami, Pepperoni, Pork, Salami, Turkey, Tuna
- Produce – Apples, Banana Peppers, Black Olives, Cucumbers, Green Bell Pepper, Jalapeno Peppers, Mushrooms, Pepperoncini Peppers, Pickles, Red Onion, Sautéed Green Peppers, Sautéed Mushrooms, Sautéed Red Onion, Sautéed Vegetables (blend), Salad Lettuce Blend, Shredded Lettuce, Tomato
- Dressings & Sauces – Apple Cider Vinaigrette, Chipotle Mayo, Four Pepper Chili Sauce, Guacamole, Honey French, Honey Mustard, Horseradish, Lite Mayo, Yellow Mustard, Zesty Grille Sauce
- Miscellaneous – Chicken Broth, Pumpkin Seeds
Other Allergen Notes
- Please note that the Au Jus, Red Wine Vinaigrette, Peppercorn Sauce, Meatballs, Lobster & Seafood Salad, and Chicken Noodle Soup are some surprise items that actually do contain dairy. The Au Jus might be dairy-free in Canada, but confirm their current recipe before ordering.
- The above information is for the U.S., but might be helpful for Canada, too. We have added Canada to this listing in the past, but the allergen information for Canada is now very dated.
- Pretty much all of their menu sandwiches come with cheese on them, but you can ask to omit it and make other dairy-free substitutions, if needed. Just keep in mind that their grill press probably sees a lot of cheese on it in a day. You might opt for a cold sub instead.
More Details from Quiznos
Allergen Disclaimer from Quiznos: Variations may occur due to differences in suppliers, ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions and/or product production at the restaurant. Some menu items may not be available at all restaurants; test products, test formulations or regional items may not be included. All items are prepared in common areas and may contain trace amounts of ingredients contained in other products.
Restaurant Website: www.quiznos.com
Allergen Information for the United States: www.quiznos.com/menu/food-menu
Allergen Information for Canada: quiznos.ca
Last Updated: February 19, 2021