Updated 2019! White Castle is a hamburger restaurant chain with locations dotted all over the Midwestern and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. They provide full ingredients and allergen disclaimers for each component on their menu. This allows you to “build your own” from their simple menu. Basically, you can enjoy many of their burgers without cheese but with one of their many dairy-free sauces.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Sliders – Veggie (with dairy-free honey mustard), Impossible (no cheese)
- Burger & Sandwich Components – Traditional Bun, Beef Patty, Bacon Strip, Bacon Topping, Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Patty, Hamburger Onions, Fire-Roasted Onions, Pickle Slices
- Condiments – Honey Mustard Sauce, Mild Salsa, Fat Free Honey Mustard, Mild Salsa, Remoulade (Cajun) Sauce, Smokey BBQ Sauce, Zesty Zing Sauce, Marinara Sauce, Everything Sauce, Düsseldorf Mustard, Horseradish Mustard, Yellow Mustard, Seafood Cocktail Sauce, Tartar Sauce, Hot Sauce, Lemon Juice, Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Grape Jelly, Maple Syrup, Strawberry Jam, Mrs. Butterworth’s Syrup
- Sides – Motts Snack and Go Natural Apple Sauce Pouch
- Breakfast – Eggs, Bologna, Wheat Toast
No Dairy Ingredients but Restaurant Specifically Notes Cross-Contamination Potential
- Breakfast – Hash Brown Nibblers
- Sliders – The Original, Double Original, Surf & Turf (no cheese)
- Sides – French Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Onion Rings (except at New Jersey / New York locations)
Other Allergen Notes: Their traditional bun contains wheat, but not egg. So the veggie patty (contains soy) and newer Impossible slider (no cheese) might offer a good option for vegan diners on the go. They do cook their meats and meat alternatives with buttery flavored oil, but they do not call out any milk ingredients in it. It is a soy-based oil.
More Details from White Castle
Allergen Disclaimer from White Castle: We encourage customers to check these statements regularly as ingredients in menu items may change. Ingredient information is based on standard product formulations. Variations may occur due to differences in suppliers, ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions, product assembly at the restaurant level, and/or season of the year. Some limited time offers, test and regional items may not be included. Some menu items may not be available at all restaurants.
Restaurant Website: www.whitecastle.com
Last Updated: April 11 2019