Updated! Despite their name, The Cheesecake Factory has quite a few options for dairy-free diners. I’ve actually tried several of them, without incident, and have found the staff to be quite helpful. Many of you have also written in to share positive experiences at The Cheesecake Factory locations in North Carolina, Minnesota, Nebraska, and beyond. Sure, the cheesecakes are off limits, but all of the menu items below were recently reported as dairy free.
Dairy-Free Menu Guide for The Cheesecake Factory (with gluten-free options)
The menus at The Cheesecake Factory are HUGE. Consequently, their allergen information is a bit to work through. But we organized it into this tidy dairy-free menu guide.
Small Plates, Snacks & Appetizers
- Ahi Tartare
- Dynamite Shrimp
- Edamame (gluten-free)
- Little House Salad
- Tossed Green Salad (gluten-free)
- SkinnyLicious Grilled Artichoke
- Roadside Sliders
- Thai Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Tacos
- Crispy Fish Mini Tacos (MDR only)
- Ahi Carpaccio (Hawaii only)
- Ahi Poke (Hawaii only)
- Avocado Toast
- Vegan Cobb Salad
- Wellness Salad
Additions Available: Chargrilled Steak, Grilled Chicken, Grilled Salmon, Grilled Shrimp
- Small Green Salad
- Sheila’s Chicken and Avocado Salad
- Thai Chicken Salad
- SkinnyLicious Asian Chicken Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad (Lite Version)
- Chicken, Mango and Avocado Salad
- Seared Tuna Tataki Salad
- Luau Salad (Lite; Hawaii only)
Dairy-Free Salad Dressings: Thousand Island (gluten-free), Chinese Plum, Citrus Honey Dressing, SkinnyLicious Sesame Soy, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Shallot Vinaigrette, SkinnyLicious Mustard Vinaigrette, Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette, French Mustard Vinaigrette (gluten-free)
Note: The Impossible Taco Salad at The Cheesecake Factory uses vegan Impossible meat, but the salad contains dairy as made. It can be made vegan on request.
Burgers & Sandwiches
- SkinnyLicious Hamburger
- Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Burger (gluten-free)
- The Club
- Gluten-Free B.B.Q. Kalua Pork Sandwich (gluten-free; Hawaii only)
Note: We’ve been told the Grilled Chicken and Avocado Club and Chicken Salad Sandwich at The Cheesecake Factory can easily be modified for dairy-free guests. They do have the vegan Impossible Burger patty, but the Impossible Burger isn’t vegan on the menu due to the cheese, mayo, and bun.
- Orange Chicken
- Spicy Cashew Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Shrimp with Angel Hair (gluten-free option)
- Tuna Poke with Kale-Cashew Salad or White Rice (Island Style Ahi available in Hawaii)
- Sesame Crusted Fresh Hawaiian Ahi, Mahi, or Salmon (Hawaii only)
- Thai Glazed Salmon (Puerto Rico only)
Note: All of the steaks and grilled pork items at The Cheesecake Factory are listed as dairy. This might be due to butter use when cooking. You might be able to order without butter if you aren’t concerned about potential cross-contamination on the grill with other grilled items, or if they can clean the grill for your order.
- French Fries (gluten-free)
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Steamed White Rice (Puerto Rico; but it looks like other locations have this too)
- Black Beans (Puerto Rico only)
- Plantains (Puerto Rico only)
- Rice and Beans (Puerto Rico only)
Note: When I inquired about shared fryers for the French fries, the company sent an evasive response. Ask on site if you are concerned about cross-contamination from shared fryers.
Other Bread Options
- Bagel (brunch)
- Sourdough Baguette
- Wheat Baguette
- White Toast
Note: Based on their gluten-free menu, it looks like they also have dairy-free, gluten-free buns. Interestingly, you can buy The Cheesecake Factory’s “Famous Brown Bread” in stores, and it doesn’t contain milk in the ingredients. But at their restaurants, it does contain dairy.
- Pasta with Marinara Sauce (gluten-free available)
- Roadside Sliders
- French Fries (gluten-free)
- Fresh Fruit
Note: All brunch dishes at The Cheesecake Factory contain dairy. They list several dairy-free omelette toppings on their allergen menu, but the omelettes themselves contain dairy.
- Frozen Iced Mango
- Peach Smoothie
- Strawberry Fruit Smoothie
- Tropical Smoothie
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, and restaurants are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure that they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Where to Find The Cheesecake Factory
They operate over 200 restaurants in the U.S. See the website below for addresses, hours, and contact information.