While our list ideas in the other categories point out specific foods and brand names of various products that may be non-dairy, it is also important to explore the wide range of simple products and ingredients for homemade preparation. In a world of convenience, our diets can become very narrow. But, one of the huge benefits of a special diet (yes, there actually are benefits), is that it promotes us to open ourselves up to a new range of whole foods.
Below are some of our “foodie” articles on nutritional and delicious basic foods, to help you navigate the aisles of less processed foods. Amongst these are what we like to call “Ingredient Exploration” segments by Jackie of The Vegan Diet, with recipes to boot!
- The Possibilities of Turmeric
- Make Your Own Baby Food
- Simple Ways to Get Flax
- 20 Ways to Eat More Fruits and Veggies
- Unlocking the Flavors of Saffron
- Pistachios Boost Heart Health
- Flavorful Uses for Flaxseed
- Cinnamon, a Comfort Spice
- Eat Your Veggies, Skip the Hotdogs
- Dark Chocolate, More Than an Ingredient
- Three Easy, Low-Fat Power Breakfasts
- How To: Baking without Butter
- Slimming Down with Coconuts