I was sent some fantastic healthy Halloween fun ideas by Fruits from Chile and loved that not only are they naturally dairy-free, but vegan, gluten-free and top allergen-free, too! Why leave anyone out? This line up of kid-friendly festivities and food allows everyone to safely partake in the Halloween fun and will ensure that your party is remembered fondly long after the witches put away their cauldrons …
How to Host the Perfect Spooky Gathering
Set the mood: Creepy Halloween decor, such as spider webs and Jack-O-Lanterns, can be placed around the house and yard to help get guests into the holiday spirit. Halloween-themed music, such as “Monster Mash” and movies, such as “Dracula” and “Frankenstein,” can help offset any down time, as can sharing scary stories.
Play some ghoulish games: Bobbing for apples is a Halloween tradition, but you can also have Halloween-inspired bingo or a pin the tail on the donkey-type game, such as pin the nose on the skull. Or try a treasure hunt for a ghost ship’s loot by scattering clues around the house that lead to ghastly goodies. Need some non-food prizes? Check this list of Halloween Treat Ideas from FARE.
Vampires, ghosts and zombies, oh my: Add a costume contest to the mix and hand out prizes to some of the best. Try breaking the contest into a few categories or by age, and awarding prizes, such as most creative, judge’s choice and crowd favorite.
Keep the eats simple and safe: To help keep Halloween fun for all, Fruits from Chile has the following, super-easy, frightfully fabulous top eight allergen-free recipes to share …
Mini Orange Pumpkins
- Peel mandarins, but leave the sections intact.
- Insert a small piece of celery in the center of each to make stems.
Bubbling Witch’s Brew (pictured)
- To make 5 cups, freshly squeeze 3 1/2 cups of mandarin orange juice and 1/2 cup of lemon juice. Cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, pour the chilled juice into a punch bowl or pitcher and stir in 1 cup chilled sweet sparkling soda and ice cubes. Taste for sweetness, and adjust the flavor, if desired.
- Peel and slice mandarin oranges to make pinwheel shapes that resemble spider webs to garnish each drink. Use frozen red or black grapes as an additional optional garnish.
Spook-tacular Fruit Cups (pictured)
- Cut off the top 1/5 of an orange and use a paring knife to separate the fruit from inside of the orange, being careful not to cut through peel. It’s not necessary to get all of the flesh out, just enough to fill with cut fruit.
- Squeeze the juice from the removed fruit and add to the Bubbling Witches Brew.
- If necessary, shave a small amount of peel off the bottom so the cups sit level, being careful not to create an opening in the base. Use a paring knife to carve faces, and fill each cup with orange pieces, melon balls, grapes and blueberries.