My favorite gluten-free, dairy-free bread company, Canyon Bakehouse, has launched a FREE #ToastTuesday eBook. And I’ve got a new Cherry Chia Jam with Breakfast Toast Recipe to celebrate it!
Toast Tuesday: A FREE Gluten-Free Recipe Ebook
The Toast Tuesday Ebook is completely gluten-free and filled with delicious inspiration. It isn’t strictly dairy-free, but all of the following recipes are:
- Beet Hummus & Avocado Toast
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Raisin Toast
- Chive Vegan Cream Cheese with Radish & Microgreens Toast
- Avocado Toast with Blackberries and Almond Butter
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond Butter Toast
- Everything Bagel Toast with Vegan Cream Cheese, Avocado and Spinach
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marshmallow Toast
- Blueberry Cinnamon Almond Butter Toast
- Avocado Citrus Toast with Watercress and Mint
- Soft Boiled Egg on Toast with Radish, Spicy Mustard and Chives
And if you’re an experienced dairy-free toast fanatic, I think you will find some of the other recipes inspirational and possibly easy to adapt! All of these recipes are just a click away. Get them here: canyonglutenfree.com/bread/toast-tuesday-ebook
The Best Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Breakfast Toast
My cherry chia jam recipe is delicious as a solo spread on toast, but it’s also amazing on my current favorite breakfast toast:
- Spread a layer of your favorite peanut, tree nut, or seed butter on slices of dairy-free toast. For our household, I chose Canyon Bakehouse 7-Grain Bread. I’ve bought it several times since it is dairy-free and gluten-free (for Tony). It’s also nut-free, sesame-free, and soy-free.
- Top the nut or seed butter with a layer of my Cherry Chia Jam (recipe below).
- Slice a banana (I like ones that are firm and still a wee bit green), and place the slices over the Cherry Chia Jam.
- Sprinkle on a nutritious dairy-free granola. I used the Speedy Skillet Granola (a 5 minute recipe!) from my dairy-free (gluten-free friendly) cookbook, Eat Dairy Free: Your Essential Cookbook for Meals, Snacks & Sweets.
This cherry chia jam recipe post with breakfast toast and ebook details is sponsored by Canyon Bakehouse. But as always, the opinions are genuine and we hand pick the delicious products we support. I do buy their breads myself!
Special Diet Notes: Cherry Chia Jam + Breakfast Toast
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups frozen dark sweet pitted cherries (see Cherry Note below)
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar (for strict vegan)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (see Chia Note below)
- Place the cherries in a blender or food processor and pulse 3 to 5 times to break them up.
- Scrape the frozen cherries into a saucepan. Add the honey and place the pan over medium heat.
- Bring the cherries to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. It should thicken just a bit and start to look syrupy.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir in the chia seeds until well coated.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
Chia Note: You can easily adjust the thickness of this jam. Simply add more chia seeds if it doesn't set up enough. They will absorb moisture even if the mixture is chilled. But if you add a few too many chia seeds and it sets up too much, just add a splash of juice or water.
Pingback: 10 Dairy-Free Mother's Day Recipes That Will Make Breakfast Special
We are huge fans of Toast Tuesday! The Cherry Chia Jam looks ahhhmazing! Can’t wait to make some.
I hope you get the chance to enjoy it soon Jereann!
These toasts are so pretty! I’ve never tried cherry in my chia jam before and the combo with lemon sounds fabulous. Definitely going to give this one a whirl!
The lemon is a must! It really makes the flavor pop.
I love this! I mean look at that color! And that taste would go good with almost anything!
Cherries make everything pretty 🙂
Chia jams are my favorite. The bonus of jam with so little effort. I just saw this bread at Target the other day! Gonna need to give it a try!
You do! It’s impressive.
I’m obsessed with cherry jam so can’t wait to try this. Love how you added the banana slices. That’s definitely happening tomorrow morning!
I hope you get the chance to enjoy it Stephanie!
Last summer I was given a ton of sweet cherries. I sure wish I still had some in the freezer. This jam sounds so easy and delicious.
Oh man, that’s a nice gift!
these breakfast toasts are so dang cute! I want one for a snack right now… and WOOT thank you for the e book – downloading now! 🙂
Chia jams are so easy and delicious. There is no excuse for not having beautiful, healthy jams all the time if you make them with chia.
Oh, my! Cherry chia jam and banana? Maybe a bit of sunflower seed butter…. Life is good!
Yep, there is sunflower seed butter and homemade granola on there too!
This will disappear quickly in my house of 3 boys! I might need to make a double batch!!
It’s definitely worth a double batch!
I love topping my toast with chia seeds, I must try this jam asap!! Yum 🙂
Oh then you will love this Jenna! The recipes in the ebook have some more tasty toppers, too 🙂