I love the name of my newest bar discovery: Real Food Bars. They just launched late last year with seriously impressive ingredient lists and some enticing flavors. The Cacao Sea Salt immediately caught my attention, but Peanut Butter and Cherry Cashew get my full respect too!
You already know Real Food Bars are dairy-free, or I wouldn’t be talking about them. But they’re also gluten-free, soy-free, egg-free, and filled with enough plant-based protein for a satisfying light meal on the go. And they have several other nutritional properties that I think you will love for busy days and fitness pursuits.
Real Food Bars are the Complete Package for Active Dairy-Free Lifestyles
Every bar on the market has something to boast about. But I was impressed with the big list of benefits in Real Food Bars:
- High Protein: Each bar contains a whopping 15 grams of plant-based protein.
- A “Perfect” Macronutrient Balance: The ratio is 45% complex carbs, 29% healthy fats, and 26% protein, which is great for fit-focused foodies.
- Superfood Status: Their base formula includes 5 natural superfoods, including kale!
- Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free: As mentioned, Real Food Bars contain no dairy, gluten, eggs, and soy.
- Natural Sweetness: They use dates and a touch of honey. You won’t find any other types of sweeteners or sugar alcohols.
- Lower Sugar: Even with the dates these bars have just 10 grams of total sugars.
- Slow-Release Carbs: Expect to be filled up with 10 grams of fiber per bar plus natural prebiotics.
- Seriously Fulfilling: These are bigger and more dense (65 grams!) than most bars for a very satisfying snack or meal replacement.
Ingredients & Flavor Profiles for Real Food Bars
Anna and Sean, the Real Food Bar founders, are an adventurous couple. So they named each bar flavor after a favorite hiking location from their travels. In fact, the background photo on each package was taken by one of them while on that hiking trip.
Each Real Food Bar upholds a level of quality and boasts a similar macro-nutrient profile, but the flavors themselves are as unique as the beautiful locations they’re named after.
Kahana Bay (aka Cacao Sea Salt)
This sweet and lightly salty bar is their most popular flavor. It’s loaded with dairy-free dark chocolate chips and has a chewy consistency with a smattering of crunchy quinoa throughout.
Ingredients – organic cashew butter, pea protein, non-GMO soluble tapioca fiber, organic clover honey, organic 100% cacao chocolate chips, organic quinoa crisps, organic cocoa, organic dates, almonds, kale, sunflower lecithin, sea salt.
Columbia River (aka Cherry Cashew)
This fruity flavor is a little bit sweeter than the other two, and it’s very chewy thanks to the rich blend of coconut oil and cherries.
Ingredients – organic cashew butter, non-GMO soluble tapioca fiber, pea protein, organic clover honey, cherries, pea protein crisp (pea protein, tapioca starch), organic quinoa, almonds, organic coconut oil, sunflower lecithin, organic vanilla extract, kale, Himalayan pink salt.
Arenal Volcano (aka Peanut Butter)
Peanut fans won’t be disappointed. Each bite is infused with bold peanut butter flavor and accented by peanut chunks. It’s a chewy, crunchy, and rich experience.
Ingredients – organic peanut butter, pea protein, non-GMO soluble tapioca fiber, organic clover honey, organic quinoa crisps, chicory root fiber, organic peanuts, organic dates, sunflower lecithin, natural peanut butter flavor, kale, organic vanilla extract, organic coconut oil.
The Facts on Real Food Bars
Availability: Real Food Bars can be ordered online with free shipping from www.realfoodbar.com. They have a great mix and match ordering option so you can try each flavor!
Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Real Food Bars are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, soy-free, plant-based, and vegetarian. Nonetheless, check with the company on their manufacturing processes for all varieties if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. Processes and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company / product.
For More Product Information: Visit the Real Food Bar website at www.realfoodbar.com.