All-natural canned chili is a staple in our household, a canvas for whatever vegetables, meat, and rice I may have on hand. I have been seeking another brand of chili to add to our pantry, but unfortunately, this isn’t the one.
As someone who rarely buys the “spicy” variety of anything, I found this chili to be surprisingly bland. It had only a hint of spice, and the base flavor was fairly lackluster. My husband agreed.
Luckily, I purchased it on sale, so the investment was minimal. Given the lack of flavor, I don’t anticipate trialing any of the mild or no-salt versions. Though should another good sale occur, I may give Health Valley a second chance with the Spicy Black Bean Chili.
- Pros: Organic; Vegan; Gluten-Free; 99% Fat Free
- Cons: Requires more herbs and spices; Not a true “spicy” chili
- A Chili Base
- Topping a Potato (with some added spices)
Where to Buy:
- Online – The best price I found was actually direct from Health Valley
- In Store – Health Valley Chili is widely distributed throughout the U.S. It is often cheaper to purchase it in store, due to sales.