This recipe comes from the innovative grain company, Northern Quinoa Corporation. It was created to top their Quinoa Flax Flatbread.
Special Diet Notes: Roasted Garlic & Sun-Dried Tomato Topping
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and paleo-friendly.
- 2 whole bulbs garlic, unpeeled
- 1 cup sun dried tomato cut into slices
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive Oil
- Drizzle olive oil on top of all ingredients in bake proof container and roast for 30 minutes at 350deg
- When the garlic can be handled, pick up the entire garlic and pop out each soft clove into a food processor with the roasted sun dried tomato and blend into a course paste – add a drop or two of olive oil if needed. When garlic is roasted like this the flavor is mellow and sweet!
- Spread on Quinoa Flax Flatbread and enjoy! OR keep adding additional toppings… perhaps black olives, sweet yellow pepper and thin slices of sweet onion.