This tri-toned olive tapenade contains a melody of west coast flavors, including sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, shallots, basil, and mellow green and black California ripe olives.
This recipe with photo for Sun-Dried Tomato & Olive Tapenade was shared with us by the California Olive Committee.
Naturally, this rich olive tapenade is amazing with crackers and a glass of wine, but it can also be strired into dairy-free sour cream or cream cheese for a dip, spread on sandwiches, stuffed into chicken breasts prior to baking, or used as a unique pizza sauce!
Since this olive tapenade is at its best after chilling in the refrigerator for an hour or more, it can be made a day in advance for parties and picnics.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Sun-Dried Tomato & Olive Tapenade
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly. Just be sure to select your accompaniments wisely, choosing dairy-free and gluten-free crackers or bread, if needed.
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- ¼ cup chopped smoked sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 6-ounce can California Green Ripe Olives, well drained
- 1 6-ounce can California Black Ripe Olives, well drained
- ¼ cup lightly packed fresh basil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Crackers or toasted baguette slices (gluten-free, if needed)
- Place the shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar and garlic in a food processor and pulse on and off until finely chopped.
- Add the olives and basil, and pulse again until chopped.
- Stir in salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.