This fall-inspired apple cinnamon popcorn is a healthy treat to enjoy throughout the season. Put a bowl out for munchies, holiday gatherings, or even in a festive bowl for Halloween!
This recipe with photo for apple cinnamon popcorn was shared with us by popcorn.org. This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products that I use myself for recipes and personally recommend.
Popcorn is indeed my favorite savory snack. In fact, I’m munching on some right now. But I always love discovering new ways to enjoy it, whether that be with herbs and spices or something a little sweet like this apple cinnamon popcorn.
Most microwave popcorn brands contain dairy. But lets face it, they really don’t taste great anyway. Once you go air-popped, you’ll never go back! Plus, air popcorn poppers are so easy to use and are such a minor investment. I’ve been using my cheapo Air Crazy for years!
Special Diet Notes: Apple Cinnamon Popcorn
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / nondairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 6 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or buttery spread, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar (can swap ground coconut sugar, if desired)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Generous pinch salt (can omit if using buttery spread)
- 2 cups dried apple chips
- Heat oven to 300ºF. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil and grease it.
- Spread the popcorn in the pan.
- Drizzle with the coconut oil or buttery spread and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the popcorn with the sugar and cinnamon, and toss again.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the apple chips over the popcorn and bake for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve warm, or cool to room temperature. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
This looks delish! I love that you added apple chips, I’m always looking for ways to sneak in extra fruits and veggies for my kids!