Truth be told, the whole smoothie bowl trend was a little lost on me. The concept of filling a bowl with a smoothie and toppings just didn’t resonate with my relatively petite morning appetite. That is until I realized that I didn’t need to use a regular bowl. I could use a wide glass or an ice cream serving dish to make a perfectly-portioned smoothie “bowl” like this triple berry crisp smoothie parfait!
The idea came to me on a recent trip to Target. While browsing, I spotted an entire refrigerated case of Silk and So Delicious dairy-free milk beverages! My how times have changed for dairy-free consumers.
Among the varieties, there was a new-to-me economical size of Unsweetened and Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilks. I instantly fell in love with the handled 96-ounce jug, which is so much easier for my petite hands to wield than a carton.
Some further browsing in Target yielded the most amazing spring strawberries and several other types of early summer berries on sale. I loaded up!
The various items in my basket shouted “smoothie bowl”, so I had to find a way to make it happen. I whipped up a triple berry smoothie with my beautiful spring produce, chia seeds, and Silk Almondmilk. Half went into a wide-mouthed serving glass, and I topped it with a handful of light and crispy archer farms granola. I repeated this process and then sprinkled on more delicious berries.
With a spoon in hand, I dove into the deliciousness and this dairy-free smoothie parfait instantly became a breakfast favorite.
Special Diet Notes: Triple Berry Crisp Smoothie Parfait
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ½ cup frozen banana chunks (about ½ large banana)
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ⅓ to ½ cup plain or vanilla unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage (I used Silk Almondmilk)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh strawberries, plus additional for topping
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries, plus additional for topping
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- Sweetener, to taste (optional)
- ½ cup dairy-free granola (see the options below)
- Fresh blackberries, for topping (optional)
- Place the banana, blueberries, ⅓ cup milk beverage, strawberries, raspberries, and chia seeds in your blender and puree until smooth. Blend in more milk beverage if needed. It should be very thick.
- Blend in sweetener, to taste, if desired.
- Scrape half of the smoothie into a wide-mouth or parfait glass. Top with three-fourths of the granola. Scrape on the other half of the smoothie. Top with more fresh berries and the remaining granola.
For more of a dessert, make no bake crisp topping. Stir together ½ cup quick oats, ¼ cup oat flour, ¼ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar, and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Whisk in 3 to 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil (as needed) and 1 tablespoon maple syrup until it forms relatively even clumps. Chill it in the refrigerator or freezer for 20 minutes. Use as crumbles on your smoothie parfait!