This Jazzed up Oatmeal couldn’t get much simpler to make! It takes just 5-8 minutes to cook and results in super creamy oatmeal – the perfect way to start your day. Top it with whatever you have on hand to make it a more well-rounded breakfast. Dried fruit, sliced banana, nuts/seeds, and nut butter are all delicious additions.
This recipe makes 3-4 servings, so if you have leftovers, you can just reheat in the next morning and enjoy!
Special Diet Notes: Jazzed up Oatmeal
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- 5 cups dairy-free milk beverage
- 3½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Almond extract to taste (optional)
- Optional add-ins and toppings: dried fruit, fresh sliced fruit, nuts, seeds, peanut butter, maple syrup, brown sugar
- Bring dairy-free milk beverage to boil over medium heat.
- Stir in oats, sea salt, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Cook 5-8 minutes until creamy, stirring frequently.
- Add almond extract if desired.
- Add dried fruit such as raisins, cherries, or apricots to the oatmeal while cooking. Top with brown sugar and toasted almonds.