A special breakfast treat on winter weekends is practically required. This No-Butter Scones recipe was originally shared with us from the Desert Modernism blog.
Special Diet Notes: No-Butter Scones
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup dairy-free milk beverage
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2¼ cup flour
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together the egg whites through the flour until well combined.
- Stir in the dried cherries.
- Spoon the mixture onto a greased baking sheet (approximately 6 scones).
- Top with a few roasted almonds if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Instructions are crazy. You only give instructions for egg whites flour and cherries. What about the other ingredients?
Hi Dorothy, sorry for any confusion. I know my recipes are much more detailed. This one was submitted many years ago. It says “egg whites through flour” – they just don’t list out each ingredient. So you add all of those ingredients from the egg whites through the flour until combined.