Are you ready to rocket into the weekend? These cherry mojito pops are a surprisingly nutritious treat, and were originally created by registered dietitian Matt Kadey. The recipe reminds me of the Vegan Froyo Popsicles at Allergylicious, but it’s fueled by a different fruit. These pops are packed with potent tart cherry juice, which can replenish and aid muscle recovery after summer activities. Each bite also offers a good dose of tummy-taming mint and dairy-free yogurt. Adults can enjoy the little spike of rum, which prevents overly icy pops. However, virgin cherry mojito pops are a tasty and healthy option for kids, too.
This cherry mojito pops recipe with photo was shared with us by ChooseCherries.com.
Special Diet Notes: Cherry Mojito Pops
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, optionally paleo, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 1¼ cups plain dairy-free Greek yogurt or ¾ cup dairy-free yogurt + ½ cup full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons honey (sub agave nectar for vegan)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1¼ cups Montmorency tart cherry juice
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons light rum (optional)
- Stir together the yogurt or yogurt and coconut cream, honey and lime zest. In a separate bowl, stir together the tart cherry juice, lime juice, mint and rum, if using.
- Spoon two alternate layers of the yogurt and cherry mixtures into each mold.
- Insert the sticks into molds and freeze until solid, about 6 hours.
- To unmold pops, run mold under warm water for a few seconds, being careful not to thaw pops. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
More Yogurt Pops Recipes
Breakfast Push Pops (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Berries ‘n Cream Pops (vegan, gluten-free & soy-free)
Limeade Lassi Pops (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)