This classic potato salad has the option to “lighten up” with some unsweetened dairy-free yogurt. It is a very flexible recipe that allows you to customize the flavors and even make it vegan, if needed.
Special Diet Notes: Classic Potato Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, and vegetarian.
For an egg-free and vegan classic potato salad, omit the eggs and use your favorite vegan mayo.
- 6 potatoes, peeled, boiled until fork tender, and cubed
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped (see post above for vegan option)
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise (see post above for vegan option)
- ½ cup unsweetened plain dairy-free yogurt (or more mayonnaise)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Dried or fresh dill, to taste (optional)
- Paprika, to taste (optional)
- Put the potatoes, eggs, radishes, green onions, mayonnaise, and yogurt in a large bowl and stir to combine. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with dill and/or paprika, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour before serving.