Brought to light by the Contra Costa Times, this pistachio mayonnaise recipe hails from the “The Gluten-Free Vegetarian Kitchen” by Donna Klein. Donna Klein studied at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris. She is also the author of “The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen,” “The PDQ Vegetarian Cookbook” and “Vegan Italiano.”
Enjoy this mayonnaise on a gluten-free basmati rice burger!
Special Diet Notes: Pistachio Mayonnaise
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. Optionally egg-free and vegan.
- 6 tablespoons gluten-free light mayonnaise (or Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons ground pistachios
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free mild curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until well combined. Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate and serve chilled.