Special Diet Notes: Thin and Delicate Peanut Brittle
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup ground peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ｰ F and prepare a 11″x17″ baking pan with parchment, nonstick baking pad, or aluminum foil.
- In a small, heavy-bottomed pan combine the water, sugar, and cream of tartar and heat over high heat. When the mixture begins a rolling boil, reduce the heat to about medium-high. Once the color changes to a golden brown caramel color, remove from the heat and pour into the prepared pan to cool.
- Once the caramel has cooled, break it up into small pieces. Use a food processor or coffee grinder to grind the caramel into a fine table sugarlike consistency. Combine this with the ground peanuts.
- Prepare your baking pan again. Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and spread very thin (1/8 inch thick). Bake the candy for about 4-6 minutes, until it melts and bubbles. Remove from the oven and evenly sprinkle the salt over the candy. Let cool and break into pieces to serve.
- This will keep for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container in a cool, dry place. Humidity will rob this brittle of its crunch.