Sausage and Pineapple Pizza
- 150ml plain or unsweetened dairy-free milk, warmed (2/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 250g gluten-free white bread flour (1 cup, plus more as needed)*
- 1 egg’s worth of egg replacer or 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g chopped tomatoes (7 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 100g dairy-free cheese (4 ounces)*
- 300g gluten-free sausage (2/3 lb)
- 100g pineapple chunks (4 ounces)
- Put the warm milk alternative into a jug. Stir in the vinegar and caster sugar, then sprinkle in the yeast. Set aside to prove for 10 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- Sift together the flour, egg replacer and salt in a mixing bowl. When the yeast mixture has bubbled up, add this to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the olive oil and form into a ball with your hands. Knead lightly on a floured surface then pat the dough flat on an oiled baking sheet to a thickness of about ½ cm.
- Put the pizza base in a warm place to rise for 40 minutes. Prepare the topping by mixing the chopped and pureed tomato. Grate the cheese if using lump cheese, or remove the plastic inter-leaving from processed slices. Slice the sausage into rounds ½ cm thick. Drain the pineapple and cut into small pieces.
- When the pizza has risen, spread the tomato all over, then add the cheese, sausage and pineapple. Put the pizza into a pre-heated oven, and cook for 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the edges of the pizza base look well cooked.
*Allergy Cooks uses Dove’s Farm Flour for the gluten-free flour, but you can use your favorite brand.