This vegan turkey loaf recipe originated with the Weimar Institute of Health & Education.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Turkey Loaf
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian.
Vegan "Turkey" Loaf
Author: Alisa Fleming
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup whole-grain bread crumbs
- 1 ½ pounds firm tofu
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, fine chop
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ cup chopped water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Press mixture into a loaf pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake one hour.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Also makes great sandwiches.