Though we think of them as hearty winter fare, potatoes are a mainstay in summer, making appearances in countless potato salads. But why not skip the mayo and enjoy a healthy variation made right on the barbecue!? These grilled fingerling potatoes have a flavorful rub that is infused with smoky undertones when cooked over an open flame. Plus, you can throw them together in minutes!
And don’t think for a minute that potatoes are void of nutrition just because they are white and starchy. These spuds pack a load of potassium, vitamin C, and fiber. Plus, this low fat method of cooking spices up the natural flavor of these grilled fingerling potatoes rather than masking them with cheese, butter, sour cream, or mayo.
Special Diet Notes: Grilled Fingerling Potatoes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian. Just be sure to use pure spices to keep the grilled fingerling potatoes completely free-from (everything but potatoes that is!). Some spice brands do add fillers. I like to use Simply Organic for their quality.
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Savory Spud Rub
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar, close the lid and shake to blend. Store at room temperature.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in your grill.
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the Rub. Toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes on the grill rack or in grill basket directly over the heat and close the grill lid. After 3 to 4 minutes, open the lid and toss the potatoes or turn the basket. Close the lid again and repeat the process for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Pingback: Grilled Vegetable & Hummus Pita Pizza Recipe (Dairy-Free & Vegan)