Perhaps Tess Masters’ persona has taken control, as that woman is a machine. Otherwise known as The Blender Girl, Tess has been working day and night to develop the most amazing collections of blender-based recipes. Her most recent accomplishment is The Blender Girl Smoothies: 100 Gluten-Free, Vegan & Paleo-Friendly Recipes – a book spin-off of The Blender Girl Smoothies App.
To give you a sip of the deliciousness within The Blender Girl Smoothies, Tess graciously offered a recipe reprint. I chose the “Green Mojito” for its refreshing and healthy summer vibe, and for its ability to transition into cooler months. This mojito green smoothie is spiked with hearty kale and fresh citrus, both of which shine in the produce sections of winter.
Beyond this mojito green smoothie, The Blender Girl Smoothies includes loads of simple, nutritious, inviting blends like Red Velvet Cake, Morning Sunshine, Brownie Batter, Hangover Helper, and Tess’s
famous Tastes-Like-Ice-Cream Kale.
The Blender Girl Smoothies has a brilliant, clean, modern design. It’s full color throughout, but lets the smoothies speak for themselves. No props are used allowing those naturally colorful beauties to pop from the page and giving you all the visual enticement that you need. The sleek design also includes icons to help you quickly identify smoothies that are low-fat, low-carb, high protein, alkaline, anti-inflammatory, gluten-free, nut-free, vegan, paleo, unsweetened, great for weight loss, detox, and more.
This mojito green smoothie recipe fits most diets (from vegan to paleo, nut-free to gluten-free) and is labeled as unsweetened and suitable for anti-inflammation, weight loss, immunity, and detox.
Special Diet Notes: Mojito Green Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, paleo and top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut water or water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 limes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (25g) torn-up curly green kale leaves (1 or 2 large leaves with stalk removed)
- ½ cup (18g) firmly packed mint
- 2 cups (320g) frozen pineapple
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Throw all of the Green Mojito ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- If desired, blend in one more of the Optional Boosters.
- Pour into 2 glasses, to serve.