If you didn’t win the giveaway in my Vegan A La Mode Review (Congratulations Kristine!), all is not lost. you can actually get a copy of this full-color cookbook (yes, a photo with every single recipe) for an unreal price on Amazon. To further tease you, I’m sharing a super-easy Grape Ice Cream Recipe from Vegan A La Mode by Hannah Kaminsky. Hannah covers the entire range of expertise, from elaborate chilled concoctions to simple “starter” ice creams, like this one.
I actually love this grape ice cream recipe for back-to-school time. It contains just two inexpensive ingredients, can be free of any allergen that you or your family may have issues with (except grapes of course), and can even be made into frozen grape creamsicles if you don’t have an ice cream maker handy. Kids will love the pure grape flavor, and you will love how incredible EASY this recipe is!
Hannah got the inspiration for this recipe from a traditional soda shop float. But rather than vanilla ice cream in grape soda, she reversed the rolls, dropping generous scoops of grape ice cream in cream soda. Whether you opt for the soda part or not, you will want to make this grape ice cream …
- 1-3/4 Cups Plain Non-Dairy Milk (rice, soy, flax, coconut, almond, etc. - your choice!)
- ¾ Cup (1/2 of a 12-Ounce Can) Frozen 100% Concord Grape Juice Concentrate, Thawed
- Pinch Salt
- Just whisk everything together thoroughly in a medium-sized bowl until homogeneous, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Churn in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions, and transfer to an air-tight container before stashing in the freezer.
- Let rest in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving, until solid enough to scoop.