For a quick, mess-free brunch, try this two in one dairy-free and vegetarian recipe. These sheet pan eggs are filled with greens and an easy, from-scratch, plant-based breakfast “sausage” for a satisfying meal. The “sausage” is made from seasoned ground pecans for a nutritious alternative to meat. And you can prepare it in advance!
This sheet pan eggs and pecan breakfast “sausage” recipe with photo was shared with us by AmericanPecan.com.
Special Diet Notes: Sheet Pan Eggs with Pecan Breakfast “Sausage”
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, paleo, and vegetarian. The “sausage” is egg-free and vegan.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (can sub low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 12 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage or water
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325 F and grease a 12x17-inch sheet pan.
- To make the Pecan Breakfast “Sausage,” heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, coconut aminos, sage, thyme, nutmeg, garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- In a food processor, pulse the onion mixture with the pecans until the mixture reaches the consistency of ground beef, about 8 to 10 pulses.
- To make Sheet Pan Eggs, whisk together the eggs, milk beverage or water, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the pecan “sausage” and spinach to the eggs and stir to combine. Pour the egg mixture onto your prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked and set.