Complex sweet and savory flavors intertwine in this easy, healthy shredded Brussels sprouts saute. The little cabbages are thinly sliced to soften their harsh texture and flavor, and then cooked with a melange of complimentary flavors, including garlic, ginger and yes, grapes. It’s a wonderful seasonal side that’s perfect for converting Brussels haters over the holidays, but is also so quick and simple that it can be enjoyed with any weeknight meal. Both Brussels sprouts and grapes are good sources or vitamin K, making this a good dish for dairy-free bone health, too.
The recipe and photo for this shredded Brussels sprouts saute was shared with us by www.grapesfromcalifornia.com.
Special Diet Notes: Shredded Brussels Sprouts Saute
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and almost paleo (aside from the salt).
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup halved red California grapes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey (or agave nectar for vegan)
- ¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Cut the woody stems from each Brussels sprout and remove any tough or bruised outer leaves. Slice the sprouts very thinly to make mound of feathery ribbons.
- Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shredded Brussels sprouts, grapes, salt, and pepper and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, ginger, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Continue to saute for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sprouts are tender and bright green in color.
- Turn off the heat and add the walnuts to pan. Gently mix to combine.
Pingback: 22 Healthy Winter Recipes to Ring in the New Year (All Dairy-Free!)
Looks soo yummy and healthy!!! i am definitely going to try thr recipe
Pingback: Sauteed Pumpkin with Maple & Sage (Dairy-Free Recipe)
I LOVE brussels sprouts so this looks simply devine. Grapes sound like an interesting addition. I am definitely intrigued
its looking totally delicious and healthy also..try it out guys!
This salad speaks to me! Delicious and healthy….love! Thanks for sharing.
I would’ve never thought to pair brussels sprouts with grapes! I am in love with this recipe! Can’t wait to try it out 🙂
Ummm yes please! Brussels are sort of my jam so I would devour this in zero seconds flat!!