This roasted tomato soup recipe comes from the Shine Cafe in Morro Bay, California
Special Diet Notes: Roasted Tomato Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, extra virgin, organic
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 5-6 cups fresh vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 10 Roma tomatoes, roasted and seeded
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and roasted
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs for garnish
- Sauté onions in coconut oil until transparent, then add carrots and stock. Cook on medium heat until soft.
- Add herbs, roasted tomatoes, and garlic. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, place in food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. Be careful of possible expansion of the hot liquid.)
- Add coconut milk and salt and pepper, and pulse or blend briefly to incorporate.
- Serve immediately and garnish with more fresh herbs.