This recipe for vegan cheesecake cups was a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Tara Stack. (Note: That recipe contest has wrapped up, but for any current recipe contests on Go Dairy Free, see our recipe contest search.)
“These addictive treats are dairy free, soy free, gluten free and free of refined sugar. Keep them stored in the freezer and let them defrost 10-15 minutes before serving …otherwise they’ll probably all be gone in minutes! So Delicious Coconut Milk and cashew nuts make for creamy no-bake vegan cheesecake cups that are a great alternative to the usual silken tofu based vegan fare. Enjoy!”
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Cheesecake Cups
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based and vegetarian.
For paleo vegan cheesecake cups, you can substitute light coconut milk for the coconut milk beverage.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- First pulse the crust ingredients into a dough. Press into the bottom of cupcake liners fitted in a cupcake tin. Put aside in the freezer.
- For the filling, drain the cashews and pulse with the rest of the filling ingredients until completely smooth. Add a generous layer on top of the crust you prepared earlier.
- Freeze until set & serve.