These orange tea biscuits come together easily and are the perfect addition to your afternoon tea or coffee break. Each bite is enriched with orange zest and the light glaze of orange juice provides an extra touch of citrus. Overall, they’re just lightly sweet, and perfect for pairing with sweet orange marmalade.
This recipe for orange tea biscuits was originally shared with us by a reader over ten years ago! Unfortunately, I couldn’t locate his/her name in my emails to give credit.
Special Diet Notes: Orange Tea Biscuits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and vegan.
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Whisk in the shortening until coarse meal forms.
- Stir in the zest. Stir in the milk beverage until the dough comes togeteher.
- Bring the dough together and pat it to about ½-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut with a small cookie or biscuit cutter, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bring the scraps together, and repeat the step above until the dough is used up.
- Brush the tops of the unbaked biscuits with orange juice.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.