This recipe for vegan peach bread pudding was an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Moriah Geller and Talia Hassid.
It’s a delicious twist on classic bread pudding that’s infused with dairy-free vanilla ice cream, and layered with fresh summer peaches. And it’s unbelievably dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free! They pair it with this wonderful homemade Dairy-Free Sweet Tea Ice Cream Recipe.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Peach Bread Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For nut-free and vegan peach bread pudding, you can substitute coconut milk ice cream or another allergy-friendly vanilla ice cream for the almondmilk ice cream.
- 1 loaf bread or 3 bagels, cut into 1-inch pieces (Moriah used vegan and gluten free Kinnikinnick plain bagels)
- 1 pint dairy-free vanilla ice cream, melted (Moriah used So Delicious Vanilla Almondmilk Ice Cream)
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peaches
- Dairy-Free Sweet Tea Ice Cream, for topping
- Place the bread pieces into a large bowl.
- Put the ice cream, tofu, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in your blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and stir carefully to coat all of the pieces. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes while your oven is preheating.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease an 8x11-inch or 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Carefully stir the peaches into the soaked bread.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish and even it out.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until it reaches your desired doneness. If the top is browning, cover the dish with foil.
- Let cool before slicing. Serve topped with Dairy-Free Sweet Tea Ice Cream.