This recipe for vegan peach bread pudding with iced tea ice cream is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Moriah Geller. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Creamer, Culinary Coconut Milk, and Almond Ice Cream by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Peach Bread Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For nut-free and dairy-free vegan peach bread pudding, you can substitute Coconut Milk Ice Cream.
- 1 11-ounce carton So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk (full fat coconut milk)
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 ½ cups strongly brewed black tea
- Juice of ½ a lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 loaf gluten free and vegan bread or 3 bagels, cut into 1-inch pieces (Moriah used Kinnikinnick plain bagels)
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Milk Ice Cream, melted
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peaches
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Place in ice cream maker for 1-2 hours, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Place bread pieces into a large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients, except peaches, in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture over bread and stir carefully to coat all the bread pieces. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes while your oven is preheating.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Once the bread has soaked for 10-15 minutes, carefully stir in the peaches. Pour mixture into a greased 8x11 or 8x8 baking dish and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until it reaches your desired doneness. If the top is browning, cover with foil.