This vegan spring rolls recipe is an “appetizer” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Vanessa Burnum. For a rich peanut sauce accompaniment, she uses Culinary Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Spring Rolls
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, tree nut-free, vegan and vegetarian.
For peanut-free and dairy-free vegan spring rolls, use creamy sunflower seed butter in place of the peanut butter. If tree nuts are okay for you, you can substitute almond butter instead.
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Lite Culinary Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free option)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 inch ginger root, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or 1 teaspoon if you like it hot!)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, julienned
- ¼ head Romaine lettuce, cut into strips
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 package spring roll size rice paper
- To make the peanut sauce, put all of the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender, and process until smooth.
- Prepare rice paper according to package directions. Assemble bell pepper, carrots, cucumber, lettuce, mint, avocado, and green onions in the center of one piece of rice paper, and roll up.
- Serve with the peanut sauce.