Thanks to Leah for testing out and taking such amazing pictures of this dairy-free Swiss Mint Mocha recipe. It was shared with us by Almond Breeze over a decade ago, and we wanted to make sure it was still a keeper. Fortunately, it is! In fact, we thought this barista-style beverage deserved a full refresh for the holidays.
How to Froth Your Swiss Mint Mocha
To get that coffee shop froth, you have a few at-home options. The first is a very simple hand-held milk frother. We have one of these inexpensive gadgets in our home, and it gets serious mileage mixing all types of beverages. For frequent frothers, you may want to splurge on an automatic frother and heater. Finally, Leah was able to get the froth you see by simply giving this beverage a quick spin in her blender.
Special Diet Notes: Swiss Mint Mocha
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For a low sugar option, you can use unsweetened chocolate almond milk beverage in this mint mocha. Then simply sweeten to taste with your preferred sweetener.
- 1 cup strong, freshly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ cup chocolate almond milk beverage
- In a mug, whisk together the coffee, cocoa, and peppermint extract.
- Froth the milk beverage until hot and foamy (see frothing options in the post above).
- Pour the milk beverage over the coffee.
- Top or serve with any of the optional garnishes.