This recipe for sweet coconut muffins is a “30 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Pam Correll. For moisture and a sugar-free sweetener, she uses No Sugar Added Coconut Milk Ice Cream from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Ice Cream Coconut Muffins
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free No Sugar Added Toasted Almond Chip Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert, softened
- ½ cup chopped toasted almonds
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a 12-count muffin pan by placing paper liners in the cups.
- In a 4 quart mixing bowl, stir together the self-rising flour and No Sugar Added Toasted Milk Dairy-Free Frozen Dessert (softened, almost to the melted point). The batter will be very stiff.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the chopped almonds, brown sugar, and all-purpose flour.
- Divide the batter equally into the 12 paper liners. Sprinkle almond mixture over batter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until muffins are just beginning to brown around the edges. Remove muffins from pan. Serve warm or room temperature.