This rich and creamy vegan alfredo sauce will satisfy your cravings for indulgence! The cashews and coconut milk pair up for a delicious flavor that is smooth and luxurious. And we’ve found that the recipe is quite forgiving, too. You can adjust the cashews up or down for richness, use lite coconut milk in place of the water and coconut milk, and season to taste, even adding a splash of lemon for zing.
Thanks to Go Dairy Free viewer Kerri for emailing this recipe!
Photo credit: Vegan Yum Yum Feature
- 1-1/2 Cups Raw Cashews (not roasted or salted)
- 2-1/2 Cups water (fresh)
- 200mL Full-Fat Coconut Milk (about ½ can/package - Such as So Delicious Original Culinary Coconut Milk)
- 1 Vegetable Bouillon Cube [be sure to check the ingredients when allergies or special diets are a concern]
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced (1-1/2 teaspoons fridge minced garlic)
- Pepper to taste
- Herbamare or Salt to taste
- Thoroughly blend all ingredients together. Thin out with more water if desired.
- Heat & serve over pasta, vegetables, or chicken!
Diet type: Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Peanut free, Soy free, Wheat free, Sugar free