Author: Levana Kirschenbaum
- 4 large plantains, firm-ripe
- ½ cup coconut milk, lite ok
- ¼ cup rum
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar or sucanat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Peel the plantains, and cut lengthwise, then in thirds.
- Mix all ingredients gently, and place in a baking sheet.
- Roast 30 minutes, or a little longer, until the plantains are tender.
- Transfer the plantains to a serving platter, and pour all the cooking liquids over them.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.