These “cheater” Eclair Bon Bons use allergy-friendly convenient delights to create an extra-special, kid-friendly treat. Okay, adults like them, too! This recipe is a Sweet entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (over $3500 in cash prizes available!) submitted by Tracy Bush, otherwise known as Nutrimom.
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Special Diet Notes: Eclair Bon Bons
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
For soy-free, dairy-free Eclair Bon Bons, look for a soy-free brand of cream cheese alternative, such as Daiya.
- 1 (8-ounce) package plain dairy-free cream cheese alternative (Tracy uses Go Veggie, see note above for options)
- 1 (6-ounce) container So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk
- 1 (9-ounce) tub So Delicious Dairy Free CocoWhip Topping
- ½ (10-ounce) package Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 (6-ounce) package Enjoy Life Soft Baked Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese alternative and the cultured coconut milk with an electric beater. Stir in the whip topping, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure complete mixing.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together.
- Place baking cups in 6 muffin tins. Using waxed paper, flatten the double brownie cookies but make sure they are still intact. Place one cookie in each of the baking cups.
- Fill each cookie with a dollop of the prepared filling and place another flattened cookie on top of each. Cover with the melted chocolate, gently lifting the baking cup to allow the melted chocolate to reach the bottom of the cup.
- Chill the bon bons in the refrigerator until firm. Store the bons bons in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Leftover filling can also be chilled for up to 4 days.