One of the most infamous flavor combinations in confection history has to be mint and chocolate; and for good reason, they just taste so darn good together! I think many of you agree. When I asked for your favorite ice cream flavor, Mint Chocolate Chip won hands down. When I asked for a cookie flavor you would like to see, Mint Chocolate received numerous votes.
So, I thought it only fitting to ring in the cool and creamy dessert season with a naturally rich Mint Chocolate Mousse. This deliciously easy recipe is from AllergyCooks (a wonderful food allergy recipe site). It contains just a few ingredients, and is gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, vegan, and optionally soy-free.
- 100g dairy-free chocolate (about 3.5 ounces)
- 300ml carton thick soya cream (about 1-1/4 cups) – See Notes Below
- few drops peppermint oil
- few dairy-free chocolate chips or grated chocolate for decoration
- Break the chocolate into small pieces, put it in a bowl over a pan of very hot water and leave it to melt.
- Whisk the soya cream until it is very thick and well aerated. Fold in the melted chocolate, add a few drops of peppermint oil, then mix it thoroughly.
- Spoon or pipe the mousse into individual dishes and decorate with dairy-free chocolate chips or a little grated chocolate.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
Alisa’s Notes: In the U.S. soy cream and oat cream can be hard to come by. But you can use MimicCreme or Coconut Milk for an equally rich and creamy product, if nuts or coconut are not a problem for you.