This recipe for Thai peanut pork skewers is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by The Taylor Household. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
If you prefer, cubed chicken (breast or thigh meat) can be substituted for the pork.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Thai Peanut Pork Skewers
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy and optionally gluten-free. Simply use wheat-free tamari in place of the soy sauce.
- 1½ cups So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- ¼ cup peanut butter, water to thin as needed, adding a little at a time
- Juice from 2 limes
- ¼ cup soy sauce (use wheat-free tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt, as desired
- 2 pounds pork cut into cubes
- Thai peanut sauce, for serving (optional)
- Whisk the coconut milk beverage, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and mince garlic together, and season with salt to taste.
- Place the meat in a container or large dish, pour on the marinade, cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- Thread the pork onto skewers and grill until done (3 to 4 minutes per side).
- Place in a 300ºF oven, if needed, while finishing side dishes.
- Serve with a side of thai peanut sauce and enjoy.