This recipe for easy vegan banana pudding is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Hidemi Walsh. To qualify, the recipe uses Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk from So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Easy Vegan Banana Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For nut-free and vegan banana pudding, you can substitute Coconut Milk Beverage for the almond milk and skip the almond garnish, or garnish with dairy-free, nut-free dark chocolate shavings instead!
- 1 ripe banana (about 3.5 oz)
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Sliced almonds, for garnish
- Peel and slice banana. Put banana on a microwave safe plate. Microwave on high for 1½ to 2 minutes (until banana is very soft and releases juice).
- Put banana, almond milk and 1 teaspoon sugar into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put the mixture into a ramekin (7 oz or about the same size of cup) quickly and refrigerate until set. About 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, stir together cocoa, ½ teaspoon sugar and hot water. Refrigerate until ready to be served.
- When the banana puddings are set, spread the chocolate sauce on each serving plate. Remove the banana pudding from the ramekin and put the banana pudding on the sauce. Sprinkle cocoa powder on top and sprinkle sliced almond on the top and around each pudding.