Coconut Cream Pie with Vegan Coconut Whip
This Coconut Cream Pie with Whipped Coconut Milk Topping is an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest
Recipe By: Pam Georges
Coconut Cream Pie With Whipped Coconut Milk Topping
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, salt, and cornstarch.
- Slowly stir in milk alternative, making certain that all the dry mixture is mixed into the milk.
- Stirring constantly over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a slow boil and boil for 5 minutes. Add dairy-free margarine, stirring to melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and shredded coconut. Allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, place in prepared pie shell. Put in refrigerator.
- Open the can of chilled coconut milk, draining the "water."
- Place the thick coconut milk / cream in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla and sugar, and blend with an electric hand mixer until the ingredients are smooth and creamy. This may take 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove pie from refrigerator. Carefully smooth the whipped coconut cream over the pudding. If using, sprinkle extra shredded coconut on top.
- Place back in refrigerator for a few hours (if you can wait that long) to set.
If you liked this post, please share it …
Tagged egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, summer, vegan, vegetarian