This recipe for vegan key lime pie is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by the Sugar Bakers, CJ Leavens and Joey Conway. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 core ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Key Lime Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
This easy vegan key lime pie can easily be soy-free, if you select a dairy-free and soy-free cream cheese alternative, and gluten-free with a gluten-free and dairy-free pie crust.
- 8 ounces dairy-free cream cheese alternative
- ½ cup fresh squeezed Key lime juice, plus zest for garnish
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Prepared vegan pie crust (they like to use a vegan graham cracker pie crust with this recipe)
- Dairy-free whipped topping
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Cook to a boil over medium heat.
- Pour into a prepared pie shell and cool.
- Top with dairy-free whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with Key lime zest.