Updated in 2021! They started in Oakland, but Blue Bottle Coffee has expanded their reach in several large cities, with help from Nestlé in recent years. Nonetheless, they continue to roast their own coffee, and each minimalist Blue Bottle Coffee shop boasts a pure, clean image. Pretty much their entire drink menu can be made vegan, and they have a range of dairy-free sweet and savory eats available in each region. The options are outlined below in our Blue Bottle Coffee dairy-free menu guide.
Dairy-Free & Vegan Menu Guide to Blue Bottle Coffee
This beloved coffee chain has much more than a milk substitute. They offer two types of dairy-free milk alternatives and can make their whole drink menu dairy-free. They also have a rather big range (for a coffeehouse) of dairy-free food. The items below are vegan, unless otherwise noted, and available in all U.S. regions, unless otherwise noted.
The following are sold in all Blue Bottle Coffee regions and are also vegan, unless otherwise noted.
- Acacia Honey Latte with Almond Milk or Oat Milk (hot or iced; not vegan)
- Americano (hot or iced)
- Americano with Almond Milk or Oat Milk (hot or iced)
- Au Lait with Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- Caffè Latte with Almond Milk or Oat Milk (hot or iced)
- Caffè Mocha with Almond Milk or Oat Milk (hot or iced)
- Cappuccino with Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- Cold-Brew Coffee
- Gibraltar with Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- Hōjicha Latte with Almond Milk or Oat Milk (hot or iced)
- Hot Chocolate with Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- Matcha Latte with Almond Milk or Oat Milk (hot or iced)
- Muscovado Sugar Latte with Almond Milk or Oat Milk (hot or iced)
- New Orleans-Style Iced Coffee with Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- Oji Coffee
- Pour Over Coffee (hot or iced)
- Shakerato with Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- The Double
Chocoholics: The chocolate used to make their mochas and hot cocoas contains soy lecithin, but is made without dairy or other top allergens.
The Milks: Blue Bottle Coffee offers Oatly Oat Milk in all regions, reportedly at no additional charge. They have Califia Farms Almond Milk in most regions, but use Mylk Almond Milk in Southern California.
Pastries & Other Food
- Almond Butter Toast (Los Angeles County, Orange County)
- Classic Blend Granola with Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- Coconut Yogurt Parfait made with Cocojune Yogurt (Southern California)
- Heritage Bacon (select cafes; not vegan)
- Lemon Almond Teacake (California, New York)
- Multigrain Toast with Avocado (New York, Boston, D.C., Southern California)
- Olive Twist (Northern California)
- Overnight Chia Oats made with Cocojune Yogurt
- Overnight Oats
- Poached Eggs with Toast (no butter; Northern California, Southern California; not vegan)
- Potato Leek Galette (Los Angeles County)
- Sigdal’s Crispbread Toast with Avocado (Northern California; not vegan)
- Sourdough Toast with Avocado (Northern California)
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie (California, New York)
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, and restaurants are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure that they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Where to Find Blue Bottle Coffee
They operate over 90 shops in Boston, California, New York, Washington D.C., and Asia. See the website below for addresses, hours, and their ordering apps.