Updated November 2023! Like many coffeehouse chains, Caribou Coffee is expanding their plant-based options. And this means more choices for dairy-free customers, too! They now offer almondmilk and oatmilk at all domestic locations, include dairy-free drinks in their seasonal features, and even offer vegan breakfast to go. This full dairy-free guide lists all of the details – both on the main menu and how to custom order.
Caribou Coffee Dairy-Free Menu Guide with Vegan Options
This menu guide includes dairy-free drink menu options first, followed by custom order drink components, and then the food menu. Be aware of special order requirements in parentheses () next to the menu items, and see the Heads Up notes to help fill in the blanks. Please note that this guide is for the U.S. locations. Options may vary in other countries.
Other Allergen & Dietary Notes: At this time, all of the items listed below are also vegan-friendly, except for those made with honey. You can request no honey or an alternate sweetener for your order. At last check, the company used Monin syrups, so most of the drinks listed below can be made without top allergens. But speak with the manager if concerned about potential cross-contamination in the blender, pitchers, or with the steamer wand or spoons. Simple orders can be prepared with clean utensils in your own cup.
Free Dairy-Free Milk Swap: If you sign up for Caribou Perks and use their app to order online, then there is no surcharge for substituting dairy-free milk alternative in your drink order at Caribou Coffee.
Menu Coffee Drinks
- Americano – Hot or Iced
- Coffee of the Day
- Cold Press Iced Coffee – Iced or Nitro
- Cold Press with Oatmilk Cold Foam
- Depth Charge
- Hot Press
- Oatmilk Crafted Press with Oatmilk Cold Foam – Hot, Iced, or Blended
- Vanilla Espresso Shaker with Oatmilk
- Vanilla Oat Nog Latte – Hot or Iced (seasonal)
- Vanilla Oat Nog Iced Crafted Press (seasonal)
Heads Up! The other flavors of Espresso Shakers with Oatmilk do contain dairy. Caribou Coffee uses caramel sauce and white chocolate that contain milk. You can substitute one of the dairy-free flavor syrups listed below.
Custom Coffee Drinks (order with almondmilk or oatmilk)
- Iced Crafted Press – Hot, Iced, or Blended
- Latte – Hot, Iced, or Nitro
- Macchiato (sub oatmilk cold foam)
- Northern Lite Caramel Latte – Hot or Iced
- Northern Lite Vanilla Latte – Hot or Iced
Heads Up! According to their corporate team, none of the Coolers cannot be made dairy-free. They’re blended with a base mix that contains milk.
- Blended Bousted Blackberry Lemonade – Iced or Blended
- Blended Bousted Cherry Limeade – Iced or Blended
- Blended Bousted Dragon Fruit – Iced or Blended
- Blended Bousted Strawberry Mango – Iced or Blended
- Bousted Green Tea Lemonade – Iced or Blended
- Bousted Peach Black Tea – Iced or Blended
Other Tea Drinks
- Classic Chai Latte – Hot or Iced (order with almond milk or oatmilk)
- Earl Grey Tea Latte – Hot or Iced (order with almondmilk or oatmilk) (not vegan)
- Iced Matcha Vanilla Tea Latte – Hot or Iced (order with almondmilk or oatmilk)
- Raspberry Green Tea with Bubbles (order with almondmilk or oatmilk)
- Spiced Chai Latte – Hot or Iced (order with almondmilk or oatmilk)
- Tea – Various Varieties, Hot or Iced
Heads Up! The “bubbles” (Coconut Jellies) at Caribou Coffee are made without dairy. You can add them to regular tea drinks, but most of the “bubble” drinks are made with dairy and can’t be customized (aside from any listed above).
- Kids Reindeer Drink (order with almondmilk or oatmilk)
- Kids Silly Soda
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Oat Milk
- Oat Nog (seasonal)
Syrups & Sauces
- Hazelnut Flavor / Syrup
- Marshmallow Flavor / Syrup
- Mint Flavor / Syrup
- Raspberry Flavor / Syrup
- Sugar-Free Caramel Flavor / Syrup
- Sugar-Free Vanilla Flavor / Syrup
- Vanilla Flavor / Syrup
Heads Up! The Chocolate, White Chocolate, Pumpkin, and regular Caramel Sauces at Caribou Coffee do contain milk.
- Blueberry Bagel
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagel
- Everything Bagel
- Plain Bagel
Dairy-Free Spreads: Select Caribou Coffee locations offer peanut butter and strawberry jam for their bagels. Though they do use dairy-free pesto cream cheese on their vegan breakfast sandwich, it is a premade menu item. They do not currently have vegan cream cheese available for their bagels.
- Just Egg, Roasted Tomato & Pesto Flatbread
Heads Up! The sandwiches at Caribou Coffee are premade and cannot be customized without dairy.
Oatmeal & Provisions
- Blueberry Almond Overnight Oats
Heads Up! Unfortunately all other oatmeal and parfait menu items at Caribou Coffee are prepared ahead of time with milk, and cannot be customized without dairy.
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, food sourcing, and restaurant protocols are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Each location of a chain restaurant has different management and staff, and some might have different owners. This means differences in processes, ingredients used, menu options, and food sourcing can occur. Always verify the safety of your order for your needs at your current location.
Where to Find Caribou Coffee
There are over 700 Caribou Coffee locations worldwide, with a heavy concentration in the Midwestern U.S. See the website below for addresses, hours, and online ordering.