Burger King is a global burger fast food chain. It’s based in the U.S. but has thousands of restaurants in over 100 countries. They do have many dairy-free options, and are careful about noting shared fryer and potential cross contamination issues. The list below covers dairy-free items in the U.S., and it might be helpful for Canada, too. We were only able to find nutrition information for Canada, and were often circled back to U.S. information. However, we have included a link to the U.K. allergen chart further down in this post.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Burgers – Whopper Sandwich, Double Whopper Sandwich, Whopper Jr. Sandwich, Hamburger
- Hot Dogs – Classic Grilled Dog
- Chicken – Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Crispy Chicken Jr. Spicy Crispy Chicken Jr., Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Fries, Jalapeno Chicken Fries
- Buns & Bread – Sesame Buns, Potato Buns, Specialty Buns, Hot Dog Buns, Tortillas
- Sides – French Fries, Applesauce, Chili
- Condiments & Sauces – Salt & Pepper Whopper Seasoning Blend, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Relish, Breakfast Syrup, Grape Jam, Strawberry Jam, Tartar Sauce, Stacker Sauce, Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Breakfast – Hash Browns, French Toast Sticks, Thick Sliced Bacon, Ham, Mild Sausage, Spicy Sausage, Quaker Oatmeal Maple & Brown Sugar
- Desserts – Dutch Apple Pie
Other Allergen Notes: They go above and beyond to alert consumers of potential allergen cross contamination. In addition to their disclaimer (excerpt below), they have a column on their allergen chart specifically for “shared fryer.” They also offer a “gluten sensitive” list on their website. We compiled information from their allergen chart and ingredient lists to make the options in the above list more clear.
More Details from Burger King
Allergen Disclaimer from Burger King: Please note that normal kitchen operations may involve some shared cooking and preparation areas and utensils, and the possibility exists that your food items may come in contact with other food products, including other allergens. Products fried in a shared fryer include but may not be limited to: Fish Filet, Pork Sausage, Crispy Chicken Patty, Chicken Nuggets, Original Chicken Patty, Spicy Original Chicken Patty, Hash Browns, French Fries, French Toast Sticks and Onion Rings. In Hawaii, Portuguese Sausage and Spam are also fried in a shared fryer. Our fryer oil contains: corn, canola, soy and/or cottonseed oils.
Restaurant Website: www.bk.com
Allergen Information for the United States: www.bk.com/pdfs/allergens.pdf
Allergen Information for the United Kingdom: bk-emea-prd.s3.amazonaws.com/sites/www.burgerking.co.uk/files/documents/BK_Allegerns_20170620_B01.pdf
Last Updated: November 24, 2017