Updated 2021! Burger King is a global burger fast food chain. It’s based in the U.S. but has thousands of restaurants in over 100 countries. They do have many dairy-free options, and are careful about noting shared fryer and potential cross contamination issues.
The list below covers dairy-free items at Burger King in the U.S., and it might be helpful for Canada, too. We were only able to find nutrition information for Canada, and were often circled back to U.S. information. However, we have included a link to the Burger King U.K. allergen chart further down in this post.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Burgers – Whopper, Double Whopper, Whopper Jr., Impossible Whopper, Hamburger
- Chicken (see Allergen Notes) – Crispy Chicken Sandwich, BBQ Bacon Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Jr. Sandwich, Spicy Chicken Jr. Sandwich, Chicken Fries, Chicken Nuggets
- Buns & Bread – Sesame Seed Bun
- Sides – French Fries (see Allergen Notes), Apple Slices
- Condiments & Sauces – Tomatoes, Lettuce, Pickles, White Onions, Salt & Pepper Whopper Seasoning Blend, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Relish, Breakfast Syrup, Grape Jam, Strawberry Jam, Tartar Sauce, Stacker Sauce, Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Breakfast (see Allergen Notes) – Hash Browns, French Toast Sticks, Bacon, Sausage Patty
- Kids Menu – Hamburger King Jr. Meal, Chicken Nuggets King Jr. Meal, PB&J Jamwich, Applesauce
- Desserts – Dutch Apple Pie
Other Allergen Notes for Burger King
- They go above and beyond to alert consumers of potential allergen cross contamination. In addition to their disclaimer (excerpt below), they have a column on their allergen chart specifically for “shared fryer.” All Chicken items, French Fries, Hashbrowns, and French Toast Sticks are cooked in a shared fryer with items that contain milk.
- The Original Chicken and Other Crispy Chicken Sandwiches not listed above contain milk. We are still waiting to hear back on the Hand-Breaded Chicken.
- We compiled information from their allergen chart and prior ingredient lists to make the options in the above list are more clear. Information is subject to change.
Vegan Impossible Burger / Whopper
Burger King test marketed a burger with Impossible Food’s plant-based patty. The initial roll out included 59 locations in and around St. Louis, Missouri in late 2019. A Burger King spokesperson stated that it is going “exceedingly well.” As a result they rolled out an Impossible Whopper nationwide. Unfortunately, it isn’t vegan. It is dairy-free, but contains egg.
More Details from Burger King
Allergen Disclaimer from Burger King: Please note that normal kitchen operations may involve some shared cooking and preparation areas and utensils, and the possibility exists that your food items may come in contact with other food products, including other allergens. Products fried in a shared fryer include but may not be limited to: Fish Filet, Pork Sausage, Crispy Chicken Patty, Chicken Nuggets, Original Chicken Patty, Spicy Original Chicken Patty, Hash Browns, French Fries, French Toast Sticks and Onion Rings. In Hawaii, Portuguese Sausage and Spam are also fried in a shared fryer. Our fryer oil contains: corn, canola, soy and/or cottonseed oils.
Restaurant Website: www.bk.com
Allergen Information for the United States: www.bk.com/nutrition-explorer
Allergen Information for the United Kingdom: www.burgerking.co.uk/allergy-info
Last Updated: February 13, 2021
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
Dairy free for baby
I can’t thank you enough for making my dairy free transition so easy. I picked up some Burger King today and out of curiosity I ordered a side of honey mustard (I don’t see it on the dairy free list above). For anyone who likes honey mustard, the packaging only listed egg as an allergen and I didn’t spot any dairy ingredients(USA)!
Response from Go Dairy Free
Thank you for sharing this!
Looks like we will be eating here more often for my milk allergy child
Why state that the impossible burger is plant based?
From your website I’m most disappointed but glad at the same time to know that the impossible burger which is touted to be “plant-based” contains egg. Incidentally it tastes quite good but I’ll have to avoid when I’m on my vegan fast.
Dairy Free Life
I really appreciate you listing out dairy free items. It’s no fun being allergic to dairy and you’ve made it easy for me and my family to choose dairy free options. Thanks again!
I had a bad reaction to the chicken nuggets. I’ve never had an issue with the shared friers at other fast food chains. Approach nuggets with caution
Burger King really cares
With easy to read allergen list, you don’t have to look around to find information. Their fries are great and a family hit.
I do enjoy the chicken so thanks for not using milk in the batter.
Not everyone is in need of gluten free items. Thanks for sharing the dairy free portion of your menu! I really do enjoy a BK every once in a while.