Last updated January 2021! After a successful test run in their hometown of Los Angeles, Fatburger expanded their nationwide menu to include four Vegan Shakes, Dairy-Free Cheese, and a 100% Plant Based Cheeseburger. In fact, customers can now order Daiya Cheddar-Style Slices on a dairy-free burger, sandwich, or fries. Andy Wiederhorn, CEO of FAT Brands, the parent company of Fatburger, had the following to say about these additions.
We love incorporating today’s trends with Fatburger’s traditional fare so consumers can enjoy the Fatburger they know and love, with a dairy-free twist. With the addition of the Daiya Slices to our ever-growing dairy-free menu we are able to reach a larger fan base, and we can’t wait to see how consumers across the country react to our new plant-based offerings.
Fatburger is Now Serving Dairy-Free Cheese with a Full Menu of Options
Fatburger has reported the following options as made without dairy. However, there is always a risk of potential cross-contamination with allergens in any cooking environment. Make sure it is safe for your needs before ordering and see their allergen disclaimer below. And share your Fatburger experience with a rating and review below!
Dairy-Free Menu Items at Fatburger
- Burgers – You can enjoy any size dairy-free Fatburger, from the Baby Fat (1/6-pound) on up to the Triple King (1 1/2-pound). Their Turkeyburger is also made without dairy. But take note that the burger patties themselves appears to contain egg.
- Veggieburgers – They now serve two brands: Boca Burger and the Impossible Burger. The latter is vegan, but the Boca Burger may contain dairy.
- Sandwiches & Dogs – Other dairy-free sandwiches include the Grilled Chicken, Crispy Chicken, and Fish, but these do contain egg. On the contrary, the spicy crispy chicken sandwich is made with dairy, but without egg.
- Hotdogs – Their hotdog is made without dairy or egg, and you can order it with chili and dairy-free cheese!
- Salads – The Fat Salad, with or without Chicken, is dairy-free. But be sure to request a dairy-free salad dressing.
- Breakfast – The Bacon & Egg Sandwich is a great non-dairy option, but the sausage one does contain dairy.
- Buns – Their standard white buns do not contain eggs or dairy ingredients. Select locations also offer Udi’s Gluten-Free Buns.
- Bunless Options – You can order a bunless Skinnyburger where two patties sandwich the burger and toppings, or a Fry Boat where the burger and toppings are served on a bed of French fries.
- Toppings – They have all of the standards, including Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Onions, Grilled Onions (without dairy), Relish, Mayonnaise, Mustard, and Ketchup. And now you can order and burger or sandwich with a slice of Daiya Dairy-Free Cheese.
- Fries – Both their Skinny Fries and Fat Fries are dairy-free, and you can order them topped with Chili, Bacon, Egg, or even Dairy-Free Cheese! But steer clear of the onion rings, which do contain dairy.
- Shakes (not available at delivery-only locations) – Craig’s Vegan Vanilla Shake, Craig’s Vegan Strawberry Shake, Craig’s Vegan Chocolate Shake, Craig’s Vegan Maui Banana Shake (all made with local Craig’s Vegan Ice Cream)
Fatburger Allergen Disclaimer
Please understand that normal kitchen operations involve shared preparation and cooking areas, including common fryer oil, which may result in food items coming into contact with other food items. As such, we cannot ensure that any food item can be completely free of allergens.
Where to Find Fatburger
They have a heavy concentration of locations in the Southwest, particularly California, Nevada, and Arizona. But you can also find Fatburger restaurants in C0lorado, New Mexico, Washington, Texas (coming soon), and Pennsylvania. They operate numerous locations in Canada and several Asian countries, too, but the new dairy-free and plant-based menu items are launching in the U.S. first. See their website below for locations, hours, and more.
The above information was supplied by the corresponding restaurant via their website, customer service, or other published nutritional information. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerance are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
GREAT TASTY MEALS!
The food is tasty and fresh. Westminster location needs a lil help. Enjoy the the treat.