Have you ever tried to keep a food journal? It always starts off on a neat piece of paper with good intentions, but within days, it becomes a haphazard adventure. Believe me, I’ve been there. That’s why I created this FREE Food Journal with Detailed Symptom Tracker that’s completely electronic AND printable! It’s an Instant Download with no catch whatsoever. Why? Because I started this website over 15 years ago with one goal: to help as many people as possible.
The FREE Food Journal that You and Your Doctor will Love
Each Journal Page includes the following:
- Daily Diet Log
- Quick Symptom Rating & Checklist
- Additional Note Space
And the journal includes these wonderful features:
- Every section is electronically fillable, so you can fill it out on your computer or phone, save it, email it, upload it – whatever you need.
- Each day is also printable, so you can easily make a copy for files, take it with you to appointments, or make notes on it.
- The symptom checklist includes dozens of the most common symptoms that people complain about, including digestive, respiratory, skin, and neurological. You can easily rate any symptoms you have on the scale from 1 to 10 provided. This can help both you and your medical advisor see any patterns in your health.
- The note space is great for keeping track of activities, weight, and other things that might have affected how you felt that day.
- This is a 14-day journal, but you can download and save it as many times as you need.
To download, click this link or the image above. To accommodate frequent downloads and to keep the file secure, we have it hosted on a seller platform. But it is FREE, and no sign-up is required. You will need to enter your email, but it is not a sign up. It’s just mandatory for “checkout” on that platform. Once entered, the file will instantly appear AND you will receive a link via email that you can use to download it any time. Be sure to save it!
This is a PDF file. To use it, you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (it’s FREE too!). Without it, you may just see a blank page!
Why Keep a Food Journal and Track Symptoms?
There are many reasons, but these are some primary motivations for using this free food journal.
This was the original purpose of my food journal. I created it in combination with our Dairy-Free Challenge, so people could easily monitor how they felt throughout the process. But this food journal works great for all types of elimination diets. The format allows you to easily track how you feel before and after eliminating a food. It’s also a helpful tool if you’re monitoring your child on an allergy elimination diet.
Perhaps you’re embarking on a new diet or even a lifestyle change. Or maybe you simply want to optimize how you are feeling from day to day. You can use this food journal to track your dietary intake and any daily symptoms to monitor progress, changes, or patterns.
Doctor or Dietitian Appointments
It can be challenging for doctors to evaluate you and come up with recommendations in a short 30 minute visit. And telemedicine can make it even more difficult. You can help them help you by emailing or printing and bringing in your food journal and symptom log. This gives them a snapshot of what is going on with your body and your lifestyle on a day-to-day basis.
This food journal is electronic and fillable, so you can save and send it to your doctor or dietician, or upload it to your medical portal. You can also print it. It’s formatted for printing on standard paper.
Always consult your physician or medical advisor before any change in diet. This food journal is for tracking purposes only. If you experience any severe symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
Download the FREE Food Journal with Symptom Tracker
Again, you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (it’s Free!) to read this PDF. If it doesn’t download properly or you just see a blank page, you don’t have the latest version. Trust me! Go grab it here!